Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebby

Ebby

For those who don't know Ebby has a tumour/mass in her chest and is on borrowed time. She is/has been holding her own but now I fear the end is near and those of you, most of you I think, know how hard the 'when' decision is.

For the last two days I have thought, tomorrow I will call the vet for to come out the day after, but I've yet to do so. Each morning, each afternoon, she is there waiting for her food and relishing it. Each morning & evening she jumps on my bed as usual waiting for her due attention (not forgetting her evening piece of cheese). She won't come in the living room now, mostly because of the dog, and spends most of her time in her comfy bed under my bed, those big eyes peeking out at me when I go in there... unless the sun shines in which case she will get on my bed to sunbathe. The bad part is that she cannot walk as well as she should and her breathing is slowly getting worse. Her breathing is the worry because if/when it gets too laboured ... well, I don't have to spell it out.

I'm sharing this with you here on Pet Talk because the December, nearly 11 years ago, when I got her was not long after I became a member. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...highlight=Ebby (Sorry the picture has gone, I'll try and find it) and sharing her last days with the people who knew of her and cared seems appropriate.

I will update.

HugZ to both of you. I recently experienced this same thing. Hugs again.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hugs to you, and a mic ear scratch to Ebby! Lots of love to both of you in this hard time!
    I've Been Frosted

Hugs and purrs to you and Ebby. Also, prayers and good wishes and loving warm energies.

Last edited by phesina; 10-28-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hugs to you and sweet Ebby - thank you for sharing your little with us and for taking such great care of her these 11 years.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Those of us who have been there know how difficult the "when" decision can be. You will know "when", though. The pain of keeping them alive will be worse than the pain of letting them go. It will still hurt like heck, though. Sending you and Ebby good thoughts and prayers.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Sending good thoughts and hugs to Ebby

I am so sorry- I remember that with Filou I had to take the decision while there were still days in which he seemed happy- but slowly there were more of the other days so I knew when it was time. But of course his last day was a good one. It still breaks my heart to think about it.

Chris, I know what you are going through and it's so hard. As long as she will eat, drink and want your company, I would wait a little, that is if she's not in pain. Does she get any medicine?

Keep her comfortable and give her lots of loving. She will let you know when it's time.

Sending good thoughts and (((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dearest Chris,
    I know how hard it is ......... and know that you are in my thoughts.
    Ebby has had such a wonderful life with you, and she will let you know when it's time ...

((((HUGS))))
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Gentle scritches for Ebby. She'll let you know. I'm glad she's still eating and stuff.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. (((HUGS)))

Thanks for your love and support guys.

I finally bit the bullet and phoned the vets this morning on the 4th dial. He/she will come out tomorrow.

I don't want to do this I so wish there were an out.

Randi, I wish I could wait but once her breathing reaches critical, each day it is further along that path, it will be hellish for her, and chances are a vet will not get here in time to end her suffering.

I am so sorry.

Thank you so much for all the love you have given her all these years and give her now and will always.

God bless you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery