Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alani Is Back In The Hospital For A Few Days

Glad to hear Alani is feeling better
    I dont know if you just started feeding him Soulistic or not.
    I started feeding mine that brand a few months ago.
    they LOVE IT.

JUST A FYI The labels are hard to read and the colors are similar.
    There are 2 reds 2 yellows ect.
    There is a Gelee and a Gravy. The Gelee is gross
    I even tried to melt it in the microwave. They ended up in the garbage

I don't know if you tried Natures Recipe?
    Mine love the Salmon and Tuna.
    I have problems with one of mine puking.
    If she eats this she does not puke
    The only bad thing is they only come in 3 oz containers.

Positive vibes and prayers, hugs and kisses for your sweet redhead boy! I am glad to read that he's feeling better!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My cats love the Royal Canin(now Medi-Cal here) wet SO, as well as the dry. The Hill's Urinary formula they didn't like at all. Maybe you could just feed the wet SO and a grain-free dry.

I hope your boy is home soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks again everyone. Alani is still in the hospital. My vet called me this afternoon and she wanted him to keep the catheter in for one more day. Then she was going to look at him more and possibly do some minor surgery on him tomorrow morning. She called me back to say that the catheter had come out. I guess Alani had other ideas. Now they're going to watch him overnight to make sure that he's still peeing well and not straining while peeing. She was able to look at him today and she said that things looked good. She'll call me tomorrow and let me know if she still needs to do minor surgery or not. When she talked to another surgeon he told her two options. One was to perform more surgery and open up the opening in his urethra even more and the second one was to keep the catheter in him for 7 days. She didn't like either one of these options. Please continue to send some positive vibes his way. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advice about different canned foods. My vet said that he was eating the Royal Canin SO and liked it so far. My RB Storm used to be on this too. She also said that he was eating Waltham's urinary diet too. I'll most likely be buying some of the SO to help to clear up his crystals and then hopefully I'll be able to keep him well hydrated with plenty of water and canned food so he won't get any more crystals. I feed Alani & Blaze in the cat room together so I'll just feed them the same food and hope that things go well and no diarrhea develops.