Thread: We have a visitor!

We have a visitor!

"Hey guys! My name's Fletcher!"

My nephew, Fletcher, is going to be staying with us for a week or two while my sister is healing from an emergency surgery she had Sunday night. She has a huge incision on her stomach and Fletch is notorious for jumping up on people, so its best for her safety that we take him for a while. Some of you may remember my sister's other dog Skylar (white bi-eyed Husky/GSD mix)? He's doing great and is staying with my sister to be her nurse. He's actually the first thing she asked for when she woke up after surgery! You can tell my sister loves her dogs just as much as us PTers do.

Fletcher is a Standard Poodle, a breed notorious for being intelligent. He sure is intelligent, but he is so stubborn that he will not listen to a word you say half the time. You can literally see him thinking on whether or not he should really sit when you tell him to. While he's here I am giving him a crash course in obedience training and I'm hoping I can send him home a more well-behaved dog.

"Obedience training? I thought we were just having a sleepover..."

"Wait up... what's this I hear about a VISITOR?!"

"I think I remember you....."

"Oh yeah, you're family! HUGS!!"

"I NOW GRANT THEE MY VERY BEST FRIEND."

"Beanpole, Stretch, etc... My leg to body ratio gets me all kinds of nicknames..."

"...but my dashing good looks gets me all the attention!"

"Don't forget about me! I'm just as adorable, right?"

{More Coming...}
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

"Fletcher, you're on Sala's pink leash.... no wonder that little poodle mix a few houses down was giving us weird looks."

"C'mon Towser, the water's nice!"
    "No. Just no. You are breaking the laws of the universe. Its a trap. I'll never walk on the liquid ground."

Dear Fletchy-pants, its a bit too chilly to be in the water.
    "What are you talking about? Its NEVER too cold to go swimming!"

"Okay, outdoors is boring now. Naptime!"
    And that's it for now! I'm sure I'll end up taking plenty more pictures before Stretchy Legs goes home. Plus, Towser's very first birthday is a week from today (on Halloween)!! Expect a major celebration to ensue.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Ha, I like his mohawk! Creative.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Hee hee - yup, that's that Standard Poodle intelligence at work, all right! They are smart enough to know when paying attention is important, and when a human's gonna give in, so that's why they get the "stubborn" rep! Glad he and Towser are still good buddies!
    I've Been Frosted

He's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics! Have fun, Fletcher and Towser!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Hi, Fletcher and Towser! These are such cute pictures of you having fun together!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Great pictures. Hey Towser, glad to see your have a new pal to play around with. Fletcher is a handsome boy. Love the
    curley haired Mohawk. and those long legs. wow.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great pictures! Fletcher is beautiful, I don't think you've ever introduced him! We sure wouldn't mind pics of Skylar either, I miss the handsome pup Towser, you are a cutie! How did you get the headtilt, did you say "tickle tickle tickle"

Aww , have fun! Towser has a buddy for a while! Hope your sister heals up quickly.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks so much for the nice comments, guys. Its a hoot having such a high energy dog around. I really need to get a video of the two of them playing together, they wear me out just by watching them!

You're right, Alyssa. I think I've mentioned him but never gotten around to introducing him... which is weird since he's been a part of the family for 2 years now. His original owner asked my sister if she wanted him after they walked in to find him on the dining table helping himself to their supper.

I'll remember to take some photos of Skylar when I take Fletcher back to my sister.
    The Minions:

Hi again, Fletcher and Towser! Happy almost-birthday to Towser!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    My gosh Fletcher looks like a happy go lucky dog. He sure is leggy, I bet he can run circles around circles. LOL!
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom