Thread: Help me pick a name

Help me pick a name

Currently my older sister is living in my house. She's in a program that helps her get back into society after being in prison for the better part of the last decade for fraud and other money related crimes. Anyway, she's asked if she can adopt two kittens from the humane society and I said yes because I probably would eventually have brought in a cat or two because I just bought my house and I have no pet restrictions now because I don't rent. One is going to be named Lily, a sweet dilute torti. The other is a hyper exotic-looking black and white beast of a boy cat I can't wait to get pictures of. He's going to be "mine" although I told my sister its her cat because when she can move to her own place she isn't going to split them up so they're both hers. The boy needs a name though. My sister, for some reason, doesn't like his current name of Pillsbury because she says it should be a fat cat with that name. We've already got the typical suggestions of Oreo and Sylvester and other black and white things and neither of us care for. I like exotic names, but she picks more simple/typical pet names. So we need people to throw some names at us. Are you up for the challenge?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

White paws? "Mittens" is quite obvious. Any markings he has which have a special shape? Choose a name from that.

I saw a pic on FB of a missing cat named Wishbone. On his black back was a wishbone shape in white fur!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hmmm, when I see a picture, I am sure I'll come up with ideas!
    Sticking with the flower/plant theme you could go with Thorn or Basil or Sage ...
    I've Been Frosted

When I was little we had two kittens (at different times) named Trecker. Don't ask me where we got that idea We've also had Marble, and Husky, and Smoky, and Ashes and Tigger.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

how about mukluk...instead of the typical mittens etc. The furry inuit snow boots hehehehe you can have the exotic name and your sister can have the typical cat name by calling him lucky...you know, for short.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Best of luck to your sis - and I'll have a go!

Damien

Mr. Mephistoflees (from "Cats")

Dapper

Edward (like artist Edward Gorey who's drawings are black/white)

Gomez (like Gomez Addams)

Picatso

Let us know what name you ultimately choose - after all - it's your cat .

Nero? (the Italian word for "black")
    "L" names - Lucas? Leo? Link?
    I like Basil or Sage a lot! Welcome, two kitties! Bless you, IRescue for helping your sister! And best wishes to her as she participates in this program.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How about James, as in Lily and James Potter?

Alladin, Sinbad, Conan?

Atilla?

Agamemnon?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

How about Joseph, Michael or is he is a toughie Scrappy.
    My Angels would make Great Guardian Angels.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The hard part of picking a name when you've had so many pets is that half of these suggestions are names of pets or people in the family already past and present. Maybe I can get my sister used to Pillsbury since I didn't think it was a terrible name that had to be changed. The other one was Reba at the humane society and I would have kept her name too.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton