Thread: Goodbye time

Goodbye time

"No time on earth is long enough to share with those we love, or to prepare our hearts for goodbye."

That quote has become very real to me as we begin Buddy's last week with me. We've finalized all the plans... I leave home at 9 Sunday morning, meet a volunteer at 10:30, she meets the ESRA state coordinator at 11:30, and she meets Buddy's new mom at 12:45. From there, Buddy has a 4-5 hr drive home. So it will be a very full day for him.

I'm trying to decide what to send with him. They thought maybe a favorite toy, but Lolli is such a hog that he doesn't really get the toys. So maybe I'll send one of the blankets from his kennel.

I'll try to get some new pics before he leaves and post them.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

A goodbye, but a HAPPY goodbye.

Good luck with your new hoomans, Buddy!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yes it is He gets a chance to be a house-dog...something I couldn't give him. And he gets his mom 24/7, another thing I couldn't give him. So it is a good move!

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Definitely his blanket sounds like a good idea, and one of their toys - it will have his and Lolly's scent on it, which is fine, it will be familiar to him. And of course pack lots of love and kisses for him from all of us!
    I've Been Frosted

Here are the pics...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6178.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	57346

Name:	DSCF6270.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	57347

Name:	DSCF6370.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	57348

Name:	DSCF6374.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	57349

Name:	DSCF6380.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	57350
    More coming...

Lolli wants to let you know she's still around...

Name:	DSCF6274.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	57351
    Last pic together...

Name:	DSCF6186.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	57352
    That's all!

Aww, Lolli, good to see you, hope you don't miss Buddy too much! No more competition for your toys now!
    I've Been Frosted

Good luck in your new home Buddy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Good luck buddy!!

I was just wondering how Buddy was doing on his search for his forever home. Glad to hear such a good update!
    Best of luck, Buddy.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Thank you all! Buddy is now with his new mom. It was the hardest day of my life, but they said he was happy, his tail was wagging, and he jumped into her car without hesitation. So that made me feel a lot better! Thanks again!