Thread: My new female cat

My new female cat

Hi,

I bought a female cat (Persian) to partner with my male cat since I always thought he is a bit bored. Anyways I have the below points about the new one and I need advise-

1. She is not friendly at all. Always hides, doesnt want you to rub her hair, and will always show you her teeth
    2. She doesnt use the litter box and if she does use it she doesnt bury it like my old cat and will not clean after her self. Sometimes she walks around with poop behind her.
    3. She uses the floor to poop and urinate.
    4. She used to eat a lot but now she eats much more. Even my old cat keeps crying for food and water since she doesn't leave anything for him.

Hope for your feedback, I am really tired of cleaning their room again and again and I can't let her out because she will only hide and lay her waste on the floor which will become a bigger mess.

Plz Plz your urgent feedback

Do they have at least two litterboxes? She may not want to use the same one he is using, as it belongs to him, which is why she is using the floor.

How long have you had her? How did you go about introducing them?

It sounds like you need to be able to feed them separately, to make sure he gets enough, and she doesn't get too much.

How big is their "room," and do they each have places to climb and or hide when they want to be away from each other?
    I've Been Frosted

1. She is not friendly at all. Always hides, doesnt want you to rub her hair, and will always show you her teeth
    This screams discomfort to me. How long have you owned her? You might want to give her some time to get used to her new surroundings.
    2. She doesnt use the litter box and if she does use it she doesnt bury it like my old cat and will not clean after her self. Sometimes she walks around with poop behind her.
    Agreed with Karen - she might not want to share.
    Either what Karen said, or she might not be taught properly how to.
    4. She used to eat a lot but now she eats much more. Even my old cat keeps crying for food and water since she doesn't leave anything for him.
    Let them eat seperated and keep an eye on it even. There must be enough space between their food.

Quote Originally Posted by nevaehdu View Post
    This screams discomfort to me. How long have you owned her? You might want to give her some time to get used to her new surroundings.
    Agreed with Karen - she might not want to share.
    Either what Karen said, or she might not be taught properly how to.
    Let them eat seperated and keep an eye on it even. There must be enough space between their food.
    -They have three litter boxes
    -They have places to climb on and stuff as its a big room. But you usually find them in the same bed together
    -She is been with me now for three months

I think she was treated badly in her old home. How can I teach her to use the litter box and be a little less aggresive