Thread: break-ups

break-ups

Maybe this is the sad songs and beer talking (I had one, just ONE)...

Anyway, my ex and I got back together about a month ago. We went out for nearly 5 months and broke up for nearly 6..but we got back together towards the end of August. I really wanted to. I missed him a lot and the break-up annoyed me. It's a long story and it's just really complicated. I was scared of getting back together because I will be moving away (well maybe) within the next year...that's the plan anyway. I didn't want to put him over my career and maybe that sounds selfish but I've always told myself I'd always choose that over a guy. So yesterday, after a month together, I broke up with him again. He wasn't mad. I was crying a lot (Wow I sound like a baby, don't I?)and he was trying to tell me it's okay just because he didn't want to see me crying. He actually kind of agreed with it and we're still friends. There is also a feeling from me that he wasn't "the one", in some ways we just weren't compatible. But I cared about him a lot and I think he deserves the best. He isn't a bed person.

This time, I broke up with him and it was just an awful feeling. I "know" its the right thing but right now it just doesn't feel like it. He was my first serious "one" and we had a lot of firsts and I just feel sad about it. I think about him a lot.

Sorry, I just felt the need to rant.

Awww, we're here for you, kiddo. Sounds like it was the right thing to do. And I am glad you are still friends, as good friends can be hard to come by.
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry that you're hurting. ((hugs)) to you. Friends are so much harder to come by than boyfriends, it seems. I hope y'all can stay on friendly terms.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Aww, break-ups really do suck. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, Alyssa. Like you said, though... if he didn't feel like the one and you know this is the right decision, then know it'll get easier with time. The fact that there is no animosity between the two of you may make it a bit easier. Best of luck, I hope you start feeling better about it all.
    (((Hugs)))
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Aw sweetie, I'm sorry. Break ups are really hard on your heart. I applaud you for recognizing he's not the one so you can both move on. Sending you a great big hug.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Sorry for such a late reply. I find myself feeling slight nostalgic thinking about it. And I DO think about it everyday. It doesn't really help that all I listen to is country music which tends to tug at your heartstrings a little bit more. I KNOW it was the right thing to do, just sucks to have to be the one to do. He wished me and a happy birthday and all anyway, so I don't think he took it as hard as I thought which is good. We're still friends as of now. Thank you all for the support and encouraging me that it was the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Sorry for such a late reply. I find myself feeling slight nostalgic thinking about it. And I DO think about it everyday. It doesn't really help that all I listen to is country music which tends to tug at your heartstrings a little bit more. I KNOW it was the right thing to do, just sucks to have to be the one to do. He wished me and a happy birthday and all anyway, so I don't think he took it as hard as I thought which is good. We're still friends as of now. Thank you all for the support and encouraging me that it was the right decision.
    Time for some good, hard-driving rock and roll, kiddo!
    I've Been Frosted