Thread: R.I.P. little Leo

R.I.P. little Leo

One of my wife's coworkers and her kids found this tiny lost kitten by the side of a highway- they fed him and looked for an owner or a Mom for a few days, then turned him over to us- the vet initially said he was about 8 weeks but WAY behind in development of muscle and weight (he was only 1.6 lbs!)- so he got his first FVRCP and came home for a few weeks of good groceries and loving. Leo (so named because he was fearless) made friends with two of our biggest cats and played endlessly- and he became SO affectionate to me and my wife! He was a total sweetheart...... but within a couple of weeks it became obvious he wasn't gaining much, although he WAS growing- and he seemed to be having breathing troubles from time to time, not major but labored at times..... at his second vet visit they did Xrays and ultrasound and discovered he had a HUGE hernia through his diaphragm- there wasn't much diaphragm there, at all- and his abdominal organs were up pressing on his lungs and heart.... the vet's verdict was that even with "heroic" surgery, there probably wasn't enough diaphragm to rebuild and keep him alive- and the surgery would be brutal for him, and far more expensive than we could possibly afford... so we had to say goodbye to poor Leo at only about 12 weeks. What a CRYING SHAME!! Such a sweet, loving little cat - he must've been abandoned by his mother, they know when a kitten is 'defective' and won't make it..... at least little Leo had a few WONDERFUL weeks- and we with him.... but I still miss the little guy! So sweet- and had to die so young.... at least we had the few weeks with little Leo..... play hard at the Bridge little guy- hope to see you there when it's time....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEO-3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	57344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEO-2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	57343  
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Thank you for giving Leo a wonderful life with other kitties to play with! He died peacefully, surrounded by love, and not alone on that roadway. I suspect a car hit him and his wee diaphragm was damaged beyond repair.

Play happily at the Bridge, sweet Leo.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though he was only with you for a short time, at least he knew that he was loved and cared for. RIP sweet baby Leo.

Rest in peace, little one!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, rest in peace, sweet little baby. You are a glorious eternal kitten angel now, all your internal workings in fine shape as you play hard at the Bridge. You have known great love in your short life with your kitty and human family. What blessings you have all been for each other!

Thank you so much, bowlkat and family, for giving dearest little Leo such a wonderful home and so much love, and for sharing his story. Love is eternal, and you are together always. He will welcome each of you Home, One Fine Day.. never will you be parted.

May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort. God bless you all.

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aw, hugs to you...and Godspeed, little Leo.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

May our Almighty Lord above bless you for trying to help Leo, you went above the call of duty and Leo knew that he was not a stray but a Kitten who had fate been kinder would have been a loved and cherished Cat Companion.
    Leo is now a Baby Eternal Angel with his Wings of Silver and Gold and so many Momma Angels to nurture him.
    Leo will be there waiting to thank you and you will be reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry about little Leo. He knew he was loved for his short time with you.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Leo

Picked up little Leo's ashes at the vet's today- only a tiny little package less than 1-1/2" across in the little tin! So sad...... but he was truly loved and he will be truly missed. Thanks to all who've commented.
    bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

I am so sorry for your loss.
    At least he new love and he did not die alone.
    My heart breaks from you

Rest in Peace Sweet Baby Leo

Unhappy

So sorry. Rest in peace little Leo.