Thread: Meet Eleanor

Meet Eleanor

I got a new pup last Thursday. I'd been looking for one since before Autumn died because in my mind it would have been nice if the new pup knew Autumn. That didn't happen. However, exactly one week after Autumn died I almost fell over upon seeing a rehoming ad on craigslist. I was like seeing Autumn all over again. I took it as a sign that this was the one and luckily was the first of four people that night to call about her. She doesn't fill the hole in my heart that Autumn left behind, but I badly needed a reason to come home from work last week because Autumn was the only reason I bothered getting up and doing anything.

This is the new pup

These are younger pictures of Autumn, she had a lot more white on her when she was really young

The new pup is just over 3 months old. Her last owners were rehoming her because they had no time for a pup and their two toddlers were afraid of her because she's very nippy. I'm sure a 2 and 4 year old didn't correct her properly and probably made it worse by hitting at her when she nipped so she has that habit to work out and potty training. I'll let you guys guess what you think her breed mix is just because its fun to see what people come up with. Hopefully I'll make it to the library tomorrow to get on the computer and tell you.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Aww - she's adorable and Autumn most definitely sent her - such a resemblance

Awww, how adorable! Congratulations - you needed her, and she needed you, and Autumn surely nudged someone to set the wheels in motion!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to PT, Eleanor!!!! You are absolutely adorable!
    Breed guesses...she really looks like a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. But her ears are longer and floppier, like a Cocker Spaniel.
    Whatever she is, give her a kiss for me!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Hi, Eleanor, cutie girl! I like your pretty golden brown coat and your white feeties! Welcome to PT!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by lolli94 View Post
    Welcome to PT, Eleanor!!!! You are absolutely adorable!
    Breed guesses...she really looks like a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. But her ears are longer and floppier, like a Cocker Spaniel.
    Whatever she is, give her a kiss for me!
    Agreed on everything in this post!
    The ears definitely look Cocker to me. She is too cute and she does look just like Autumn.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I forgot to say earlier - I love her name! It suits her somehow!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww , Eleanor is so cute! She will help your heart to heal.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I agree with Karen, her name suits her so well! She is so adorable, and the resemblance to dear Autumn is incredible. Congratulations!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Blog Entries
    Eleanor looks like a sweet keeper. Congratulations!
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Eleanor thanks you guys for the compliments. I thought her named suited her too. It was between Eleanor and Delilah. I don't think her ears look anything cocker spaniel. They're v-shaped drop ears set too high on her head, not lobular ears set at eye-level with a domed skull. Retriever ears. But you did get that part of her right anyway. Her mother was aparently a purebred basset hound and her father (they think) was a cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. In the right light you can see a faint brown mask on her face that gives the hound away. I found her brains last night too; I'd been looking for them. She suddenly started to get the hang of sit, lay down, and how to shake a paw, although she'd had some work with "sit" before I got her.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton