Thread: One question: If your cat ate food from your plate...

Hybrid View

One question: If your cat ate food from your plate...

... would you still eat it?

Luna and Lily were never interested in my food, but lately, Lily has obviously discovered her love for Alsan (a vegan butter replacement). For some reason, she seems to like it, so I caught her several times licking it off my bread. I have to admit that I'm still eating it (except for the part she's been licking). However, I wouldn't if she had done something yucky before, like licking her butt, or throwing up. But otherwise, I don't mind... Thinking about it, it may be a little unhealthy, though.

What would you do?

Kiri is the first who wants to share your food. Orion is a good boy. But most of the time she steals in a relaxed way like one second "I am only interested casually." and next second "I have that piece of fish and I'm off like lightning." So we have no chance to get it back and try to eat it or keep her from eating it
    In general I think whoever lives so close with cats as we do shares most of their bacteria- and obviously survives them. Maybe it helps if you tell Lily that you have bacteria too

Cassie loooooves butter! If she's quick enough to get a "lick" of my toast or bagel, I usually just break off the spot she licked. (Sometimes I butter a corner of the toast with a little extra for her ) Milk from my cereal bowl ... I eat the cereal first, and then I let her drink the tablespoon or so of milk that's left. Then i wash the bowl and spoon.

Sending gentle petting and lovies for Luna and Lily too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kimba wants no part of human food, so I'm good there. Mac will generally wait until you are finished and then eat the leftovers. We call him The Dishwasher. Sometimes though, he will steal some food. He always helps himself to some of my carnitas burrito while I'm still eating it. I don't mind. I've known him longer than I have known many of my friends. He's earned the right to share food.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Normally my cats aren't too interested in human food, but if I walk out of the room and find a cat has snuck up to my plate I generally don't care (I just scoot the part the cat has been munching on to the side)... unless it was Floki. She has some respiratory issues and tends to sneeze a lot, so you can see why I'm wary to eat after her.

I always shared my yogurt with Khaith. Its his very favorite and it is the only food he is pretty forceful with in his attempt to snag a bite. Every time he would see me get some on the spoon he would grab my arm and pull it towards him so he could help himself. I don't eat yogurt anymore, but for his birthday this year I bought a tiny packet just for him.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I do not have a problem with sharing at all, My Found Hotel Cats are always welcome to share.
    Their mouths are cleaner than ours
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS