Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paige has pyometra and mammary tumors

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Paige has pyometra and mammary tumors

Paige is a 10 year old Golden Retriever with open pyometra and mammary tumors. Pyometra is a very serious and life-threatening infection of the uterus. Her Vet wants to do surgery in just a few days, to save Paige's life. Mammary tumors will be removed at the same time.

Can you help IMOM raise the funds needed to save Paige?

To make a donation for Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd
    Please mark your donation for Paige Sparrow. You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: [email protected] Please be sure to mark your donation for Paige Sparrow.

You can follow Paige's case here: http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=9839

I have issued a Matching Challenge for the next $100 that is donated. Even if you aren't in a position to donate, please crosspost her story in hopes that funds can be raised in time to save her. Thank you.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My first rescued Lab, Jingles (adopted at age 2 from a local shelter), was dx with pyometra (she had not yet been spayed) just a week after her homecoming. It was so frightening as one night she suddenly fell so very ill. She was rushed into surgery the following morning, and it was touch and go there for awhile, but thankfully she survived. I would be honored to help this beautiful girl! Love to Paige and prayers for a complete recovery! She's beautiful.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    My first rescued Lab, Jingles (adopted at age 2 from a local shelter), was dx with pyometra (she had not yet been spayed) just a week after her homecoming. It was so frightening as one night she suddenly fell so very ill. She was rushed into surgery the following morning, and it was touch and go there for awhile, but thankfully she survived. I would be honored to help this beautiful girl! Love to Paige and prayers for a complete recovery! She's beautiful.
    Thank you. I know Paige's family wishes that they had spayed her a long time ago. Please crosspost her story. Hopefully, IMOM can raise the funds to save her and getting the word out may help save another.

PAIGE NOW HAS $380

FUND UPDATE! PAIGE NOW HAS $504 IN DONATIONS
    Than you so much. Keep up the great work! Please keep crossposting and sharing Paige's story.

Please donate whatever you can~

Yay! Made my donation yesterday, and for sure I will be cross-posting! Hang in there dear, precious Paige. We're going to do this! If Paige's mom is reading, please give her a hug and kiss for me!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

FUND UPDATE from IMOM this morning: Paige has $754
    Thank you for spreading the word. Keep up the great work.

IMOM UPDATE: Paige now has a $100 Matching Challenge!!

A member has issued a matching challenge. She will donate $1 for every $1 you donate, up to $100. Here's your chance to turn your $1 into $2.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

Please keep crossposting on your social media sites. Paige is having breathing difficulties. Surgery must take place as soon as possible. The vet is on standby and has already discounted many costs, but surgery and after care is expensive. Please help us get the word out.

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $974

I'm very worried about this girl. She is having difficulty breathing. How I wish her family had had her spayed years ago. I'm sure they wish they had also.
    Please remember Paige in your prayers. I'm not sure she'll make it unless the funds are raised quickly. Please crosspost.

The donations are encouraging but I'm so worried about Paige's deteriorating condition, and beyond disheartened at the vet's response. I just don't understand how he/she could be so callous, knowing she is in such dire straits and turning her away. I hope today the referral vet can see her. This is breaking my heart. Please donate if you can, what you can. Every dollar helps.

Yes, it is disheartening. I hope it was just a huge misunderstanding. But, if anyone has a vet recommendation in the San Francisco area please e-mail it to IMOM at [email protected]

These are the steps a family needs to take, it's possible that Paige's family skipped a step and now the vet is confused:

IMOM Financial Aid

Step 4 - Three documents for your veterinarian

If your veterinarian has never heard of IMOM and is hesitant to work with our charity, please give them a copy of documents 1 and 2 as an introduction and explanation of our payment policies.
    (1) Letter of introduction

Sometimes when a veterinarian has not worked with IMOM they might be hesitant. That is perfectly understandable as they know nothing about us. Our letter of introduction will tell them more about who we are and what we do.
    (2) IMOM payment policy

Of course your veterinarian wants to know how and when they will get paid for the service they provide. This document provides them with the information they need.
    (3) Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF)

The completed VPIF also gives our committee a better understanding of your pet's condition and the urgency of their illness or injury. The completed form can be sent either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

Click here to download all three documents you need for your veterinarian. Remember - the Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF) has to be completed and faxed to IMOM. The completed form can be send either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $1,076
    Please continue to share Paige's story on your social media sites. Very worried about this pupper.
    I've been biting my tongue because I hate to kick someone when their down, but if Paige's family had spent less money on costumes and outfits and got her spayed, she would not be in this life threatening situation.

If your pet isn't spayed or neutered, please do so as soon as possible. It is money well spent and may extend the life of your pet.

Hope by sharing just now could at least help, wishing all the best love, heal and care for Paige.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan

Paige has a promising lead with UC Davis. They have worked with IMOM before. If that falls through, there is a vet in Menlo Park that may be willing to work with IMOM.

In the meantime, a member has issued a matching challenge. For ever $1 you donate, she'll donate $1 - up to $100.

So, if you're in a position to donate, here's your chance to double your $$. Thank you.

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=9839 To keep up with Paige's fundraising

To make a donation for Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd
    Please mark your donation for Paige Sparrow. You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: [email protected] Please be sure to mark your donation for Paige Sparrow.

Wonderful news! Finally, hopefully, she will be seen! Thanks IMOM for helping this precious girl.

Patient Precious Paige has an appointment with UC Davis on Tuesday.
    Once IMOM gets a estimate from them, fundraising can begin again.

Please keep Paige in your thoughts and prayers.