Thread: Sam!!!

Sam!!!

Oh Sam, you are indeed a survivor. You're so handsome and wow, 17 years old! Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a very special day for you and your humans! You needs some extra belly rubs today!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries

Sam

Sam is awesome, beautiful DOTD!

Sam!!

Sam, you are one special pup! I have a soft spot in my heart for the seniors. Accept a belly rub from me.

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2006/December/03.html

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Oh Sam, you are indeed a survivor. You're so handsome and wow, 17 years old! Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a very special day for you and your humans! You needs some extra belly rubs today!
    You can be sure that Sam will receive extra belly rubs today. And some extra treats.

Puppy status

Quote Originally Posted by Checkersmama View Post
    Sam, you are one special pup! I have a soft spot in my heart for the seniors. Accept a belly rub from me.

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2006/December/03.html
    I enjoyed reading about Checkers.
    It is interesting that you referred to Sam as a pup. We call him a puppy too. Makes him feel young!

Sam the survivor! You are a very beautiful fellow! I'm sending you a gentle tummy rub and zillions of petting and hugs! I hope you and your people are having an extra special day Happy Dog of the Day, very special Sam!

Edited to agree with tatsxxx11 in post #10 -- you are very precious, Sam!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 10-14-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sweet Senior Sam the Survivor!

Hi Sam!!! Happy Dog of the Day (every day) to you, sweetheart! Oh, what a beautiful boy you are, Sam, a beauty inside and out! Nothing warms my heart more than the sight of a senior (my girl, Star the Lab, just turned 15)! But oh, to have reached the age of 17 and still going strong, despite all of the vry serious health scares you've had and overcome? Well, that makes my heart sing! You may be slowing down just a tad (aren't we all, hehe), but to think you only stopped fetching your Kong last year is simply amazing! And it's clear you are still living every minute of your wonderful life to its fullest...enjoying your daily walks, your yummy meals, a good nap, endless belly rubs and most of all, the company of your people! You are truly a treasure, Sam, a survivor and an inspiration to us all! How very blessed your family is to have a best friend in you, to have known your unconditional love and devoted companionship these many years! You, Same, are living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of rescue, and we give your family heartfelt thanks for giving one most deserving pup a 2nd chance at happiness! Thanks for the big smiles, Sam! I hope you're enjoying your well earned, extra special Sunday honors, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love and kisses, hugs and belly rubs to you beautiful Sam, Dog of a Lifetime!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Hi Sam!!! Happy Dog of the Day (every day) to you, sweetheart! Oh, what a beautiful boy you are, Sam, a beauty inside and out! Nothing warms my heart more than the sight of a senior (my girl, Star the Lab, just turned 15)! But oh, to have reached the age of 17 and still growing strong, despite all of the serious health scares you've had and overcome? Well, that makes my heart sing! You may be slowing down just a tad (aren't we all, hehe), but to think you only stopped fetching your Kong last year is simply amazing! And it's clear you are still living every minute of your wonderful life to it's fullest...enjoying your daily walks, your yummy meals, a good nap, endless belly rubs and most of all, the company of your people! You are truly a treasure, Sam, a survivor and an inspiration to us all! How very blessed your family is to have a best friend in you, to have known your unconditional love and devoted companionship these many years! You, Same, are living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of rescue, and we give your family heartfelt thanks for giving one most deserving pup a 2nd chance at happiness! Thanks for the big smiles, Sam! I hope you're enjoying your well earned, extra special Sunday honors, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love and kisses, hugs and belly rubs to you beautiful Sam, Dog of a Lifetime!
    Thank you for your heart-felt, sweet words.

Sam's already receiving special Dog of the Day rubs

Name:  DSC07542.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  768.1 KB

Oh, Sam!!! A bonus pic, and an almost "live" one at that! You're so precious, sweet baby boy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello sweet Sam,

I see you are already receiving extra chin & belly rubs on your special day as DOG OF THE DAY. I am very pleased
    to meet you today. I too see something special in Senior pets. Thank your person for sharing you with us today. Sending
    lots of cyber hugs & kisses just for you sweetheart.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you

I certainly felt the love from you at Pet Talk. It was a full day for me: Extra rubs and treats, and a nice walk at dusk.
    My humans felt special today too.
    With love,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamChulaGandhi View Post
    I certainly felt the love from you at Pet Talk. It was a full day for me: Extra rubs and treats, and a nice walk at dusk.
    My humans felt special today too.
    With love,
    Sam
    Blessed is the person who knows the love of an old dog.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sam surely one wonderful and amazing dog, living to the fullest! Congratulations!
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan

oh Sam, I love reading stories like yours. I am glad you are strong and such a survivor! You are truly amazing and a well deserved Dog of the Day!!
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!