Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A farewell to Delaware

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

A farewell to Delaware

It's finally happening, and next Saturday, the 19th, I'll be on the road to North Carolina. I plan to leave about 6 a.m. which will get me to my destination by mid to late afternoon, depending how fast I decide to drive, and how many stops I make.

This past week I've been wrapping up most of the last minute things and getting everything to the storage unit that I rented that I will keep, but won't be able to fit in my car. I put all my summer things in there too. I still have odds and ends to pack - like this computer - and things I will need until I'm ready to walk out the door - but other than that, I will be done when I take the last bunch of things to storage on Monday. My son will take over a couple of pieces that I can't manage, when he gets someone to help him with the lifting.

I'm so ready to go - this has been dragging on since May, and it will be so nice to get unpacked and not be living out of boxes, totes, and space bags! When I was out and about this past week, doing this and that, I found myself thinking......."I'll never go here again - I'll never see so-and-so again - I'll never see this again - I'll never do that again", and on and on. It brought on a little touch of nostalgia, but not enough to keep me here, that's for sure. After 45 years here and looking at the same old/same old, I really need a change of scenery! I'll get back now and then, and probably more than I think I will, but I will have a new home to return to.

Just thought I'd get this posted now, since I don't know if I'll have time to get back to PT before I take the computer down for a much needed rest. Probably the next time you hear from me - I'll be in NC and ready to start a new chapter. Wish me and Wolfy luck. And yes - Myndi and Sparky's cremains will make the journey too - along with tons of pictures.

Talk to y'all again when I get settled.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, Bon Voyage on the move and the trip! This is so exciting, and I bet Wolfy will have a great time adding to the adventure of it all!
    I've Been Frosted

Have a safe trip

An early welcome to the South. don't leave all your summer clothes behind.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Ellie, safe trip and safe move and safe HOME!!!!!

All the best to you with it.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    from Pat and cats
    Last edited by phesina; 10-12-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Ellie,

Have wonderful safe journey!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wishing you and Wolfy a great journey into your next chapter. I look forward to hearing about all the new experiences. I am so happy you have Wolfy to help you start anew - what a wonderful friend and companion. Lots and lots of hugs to you both, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wishing you & Wolfy the best of luck traveling to your new home. I hope the trip goes very smoothly & you both
    get settled in quickly. We'll all be here waiting to hear any new Wolfy travel stories. (((hugs))) to you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Safe trip and much happiness in your new home to you and Wolfy!

Wishing you and Wolfy a safe trip.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Have a safe trip Ellie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Fair winds and following seas

I figure you'll go over at least one bridge on your way - perhaps the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel?

(I went over that once - the day I moved from Norfolk to Newport. Before that it was the ferry boat.)

Travel safely. I am looking forward to your first message from your new home!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Wishing you and Wolfy a safe and successful move!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Have a wonderful trip! Safe travels to you and to Wolfy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018