Thread: smelly dog

smelly dog

we boarded our dog for a few days last week and when we
    brought him home we gave him a bath. Well he still smells,
    any ideas on how to get the smell out. its a musty wet
    dog smell and its pretty strong. Any ideas will be appreciated.

What did you use to bathe him with? Rubbing in and then brushing some baking soda or cornstarch through his coat might help, poor guy!
    I've Been Frosted

3. My niece will lightly spray her puppies with perfume(she grabs their head to make sure they dont get it in their face an holds the bottle way out as far as she can an then sprays it over their back) as a form of 'bathing' the dogs LOL

i suggest just giving the dog a second bath ^^

I know its been a few days, but if it hasn't cleared up I recommend a trip to the vet. Ringworm and a yeast infection of the skin can both smell musty. Sometimes you don't notice things like ringworm right away on an animal because their hair may not fall out where it is.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Just curious to know what happened to your dog's smell. I remember my friend's border collie who used to smell even he's regularly groomed, which happen he has small intestine problem that produces smell out on his body. The anti biotics works and he's able to attend the dog show again.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan

Keep in mind, that Soaps (of any kind) need time to work !

So often we try to rush bathing, because of "wiggleyness" or objections to baths in general from our guys. Rubbums and a "bath play" may permit a longer period of time allowed for these "chemicals" to do their job, often times resolves much of the lingering scent issues.

I take my guys Hunting almost daily, and Possum Poop is one of their favorite things to get into
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
    I take my guys Hunting almost daily, and Possum Poop is one of their favorite things to get into
    Of course it is! I know all the scientific reasons for it, but dogs have an uncanny ability to not only find the stinkiest stuff around, but they seem to take such immense pleasure in rolling in it! Yuck!
    I've Been Frosted