Thread: CHICAGO: !Urgent, FERAL CAT KILLER!!! Help!!!! Please Share to Save Cats!!!

CHICAGO: !Urgent, FERAL CAT KILLER!!! Help!!!! Please Share to Save Cats!!!

PLEASE SHARE! TO SAVE CATS!

CONTACT: Dave Harper, 773-710-6448, or Jenny, Tree House Humane Society, at 773-727-4338

Received this message from a fellow rescue organization this morning and am requesting it get media coverage! Please Share!

THANKS!
    Elise Murphy

I wanted to give you a heads-up about a sicko individual that seems to have made it his mission in life to kill feral cats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnNorton_1.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	56602 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnNorton.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	56603

The individual is John Norton a.k.a. Trapper John. He is approximately sixty years old. Attached are two pictures of him and his truck. These pictures were taken recently by a feral colony caretaker in Humboldt Park at Augusta and Drake. She stopped Trapper John from trapping and killing her colony cats. He did get one cat before she managed to intervene.

Trapper John drives a light blue Ford truck. He has an RV license plate: 312 478. John was employed by Chicago Animal Care and Control for approximately sixteen years as an Animal Control Officer. This position allowed him access to "cat complaint" files, and he could then target these areas on his own in his mission to kill feral cats. The City terminated him this past February for cause. Now he is out there on his own continuing his mission to kill cats.

He seems to operate all over the city. He posts his business cards at supermarkets and similar locations soliciting clients for his "trap and save cats business". Unfortunately we have not yet identified where or how he is killing the cats. He used to use AWL on the far south side but AWL management now claims they no longer euthanize his cats. Unless he found a cooperating Vet, our fear is that he is killing the cats himself by shooting, gassing or drowning them.

John is part of the Bird Conservatory organizations whose mission is to kill feral cats. Should you see his truck, please immediately call me at 773-710-6448 or call Jenny, Tree House Humane Society, at 773-727-4338.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Harper
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

a very low person

Message sent to my Alderman. What he is doing is illegal.

Thank you, Joe.

I hope this piece of s**t gets busted and gets put away for a LONG time.

Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 09-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Just saw an article about this guy. Does anyone know what his business is called?