Thread: Hello from Belgium!

Hello from Belgium!

Hello everyone, I registered here a few months ago but didn't get round to posting anything before now, so I'll introduce myself today
    I'm Lucy, I'm 18 in 3 months and I live in the french-speaking part of Belgium. I love all animals, but I am especially addicted to anything dog-related. I raise money for a dog shelter in Spain, where I go and volunteer during the holidays. I get to look after over 70 Galgos, Podencos, Mastins and other dogs over there and it's the highlight of my year. I love training dogs and I often get asked to help my friends or my neighbours train their dogs. My dream and goal in life is to one day become a dog trainer.

My dog is called Inja, he is a beautiful 10 month-old Golden Retriever and he is the best thing in my life, I love him more than anything and anyone. He has been trained using clicker training and positive reinforcement since he was 2 months old and he has turned into the most well-mannered and wonderful companion and best friend I could possibly dream of. Together we do agility, he loves it, he's a great jumper, but he's very slow, he goes round the course in his own time and sometimes lies down and goes to sleep halfway through the tunnel

Inja is the only dog I have, because I still live with my parents who don't want any more dogs, but I plan on having many many more in the future!

Here are some pictures of my baby, if you want some puppy pictures of him, he was DOTD on April the 2nd 2013, when he was only 4 months old

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4412.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	57129

Name:	IMG_4409.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	57130

Name:	IMG_4400.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	57131

Name:	IMG_4397.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	57132

Name:	IMG_4394.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	57133
    Last edited by InjaTheGolden; 09-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Bonjour Lucy!

And welcome to Pet Talk! I live in a province where we speak French as well as English. I'm more of a cat person, but I like and appreciate all animals and your golden boy is so handsome. You're sure to find lots of doggie lovers and people owned by doggies here .

Welcome again - and thanks for posting pictures of Inja and introducing yourself! You sound like you will fit right in here!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome from me, too! I live in Denmark and I used to have a cat- now I only cat-sit. I have visited Belgium once and really liked it... Brussels and Loeven.

Inja looks like a wonderful boy, I hope to hear more about him and see pictures.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hi Lucy----that's a very handsome pup you have. Glad to see you both enjoy agility--I'm sure he'll speed up in time .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----