Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very unique art festival in my hometown these days (pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I'm sure the organizers will come up with something interesting for 2015.

And as for nature pictures... I haven't taken any this year. I just wasn't in the mood to take the same kind of pictures over and over again. Maybe next year.
    Oh, Kirsten, any pictures will do, doesn't need to be nature ones! I just love your photos, and they are always good for writing about!
    I've Been Frosted

To me they look like fabulously detailed stage sets. Now all that is needed is someone to write the script. Back in university I took a directing course where we had to present a scene. The class was held in an old sorta rundown building so to make stage set a snap our group chose a scene from a play set in England in the late 50s ( A Taste of Honey by Shelagh Delaney) and furnished a section of the classroom. The old-fashioned radiators, window frames, flooring was spot on! This brings back memories!

Wow- that is exciting!
    I remember that in one documenta year there was an extra exhibition -kind of an off-documenta which also had installations in Hann. Münden in some old houses. (I suppose it was 20 or 15 years back). That was fantastic.

What a good idea! These are stunning, and your photos as always are breathtaking, Kirsten. Thank you!

I wonder if this would work in Detroit, which is loaded with abandoned homes and other buildings.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Oh, Kirsten, any pictures will do, doesn't need to be nature ones! I just love your photos, and they are always good for writing about!
    I hope I will take any nice pictures in the fall, I have to admit that throughout the springtime and summer, I haven't taken any pictures at all, except band photography and old buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Litterati View Post
    To me they look like fabulously detailed stage sets. Now all that is needed is someone to write the script. Back in university I took a directing course where we had to present a scene. The class was held in an old sorta rundown building so to make stage set a snap our group chose a scene from a play set in England in the late 50s ( A Taste of Honey by Shelagh Delaney) and furnished a section of the classroom. The old-fashioned radiators, window frames, flooring was spot on! This brings back memories!
    That sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Wow- that is exciting!
    I remember that in one documenta year there was an extra exhibition -kind of an off-documenta which also had installations in Hann. Münden in some old houses. (I suppose it was 20 or 15 years back). That was fantastic.
    For some reason, I don't remember that; maybe I was too young at that time... But I do remember the installations set up in my hometown during the Expo 2000, some are still existing. Like our "water carpet" of which I have recently taken a series of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What a good idea! These are stunning, and your photos as always are breathtaking, Kirsten. Thank you!

I wonder if this would work in Detroit, which is loaded with abandoned homes and other buildings.
    In fact, I can see this working in Detroit. A while ago, I saw a report on tv about Detroit's abandoned buildings. Some of them looked really cool, a perfect stage for exhibitions!