Thread: Today's Storm

Today's Storm

It started last night as rain here, and now there are big winds across much of the northeast and mid-Atlantic states. Stay safe, everyone! I was running errands and took a side street just to take a few fall pictures for a friend in the southwest US who never gets to see fall colors like we do, and a tree had come down across the road. I put on my flashers and pulled over, and started clearing the broken large branches that I could from the street, and another woman pulled up going the other way, and together we managed to move some of it, but the tree itself, the based was probably 8 inches in diameter where it broke, was too heavy, and stuck on a low fence, but too thick for us to break. A guy pulled up who had a chainsaw in his truck, but sadly couldn't get it to start, so, with a couple other cars stopped and waiting, he and I were able to move things enough so one lane at least was clear.

We were all fortunate in that it had come down when no cars were in the way, and I thought it was emblematic of the goof New England spirit that we all just pitched in to clear the road, rather than beeping or calling 911 and getting angry! And the drivers who happened to be 4th and 5th on the scene actually thanked us when we were back in our cars! (I did call the town police once I got home, so they could send someone with a functional chainsaw to finish the job!)

One of my fellow radio folks in Ohio lost power for over a day in this storm, too!

Stay safe everyone!
    I've Been Frosted

We got it in Chicago yesterday. It started raining Wednesday evening and rained almost all day yesterday. Then the winds picked up and the temp dropped 15 degrees. Welcome back to mid-autumn weather :-| Today's weather is grey, damp and chilly (46F as I'm typing). Please be safe, people east of here!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We had some strong winds and some rain here too. Now it's close to 70 degrees and I hate it, way to warm for November. I want the nice brisk weather that the Fall brings, so far haven't felt it yet. Hopefully it will get colder soon.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

The storms moved through Indiana yesterday afternoon & evening. Most cities canceled Halloween
    trick or treat times & rescheduled them for tonight. A lot of rain in Indy & high winds.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt