Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lonnng stressful summer

Lonnng stressful summer

Most of you know that I lost 80 pounds 1.5 years ago. I was so proud of myself. It was actually easy counting the calories. I was 100% certain I'd changed all my bad habits and found a new lifestyle that I'd have no trouble keeping. I enjoyed major health benefits. This summer has been stressful due to work - they are closing my store, having a huge clearance event, and building a new store that won't be ready for another month. I doubt I'll survive another month!!!

I am working 6 days with an average of 12 hours a day thanks to the clearance event. I stopped walking Callie because I just was too exhausted from standing on my feet for 12 hours to even think about walking another half hour. The cats cling to me once I get home (after feeding them of course) because they miss me (awwwwww). I eat dinner sitting at the table staring off into space. Hubby is upset because I don't talk to him anymore.... I talked for 12 hours! I'm all talked out. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I cry at the drop of a hat, just because I'm so stressed and mentally fried.

I had no idea that a clearance event would be so taxing. Its just a big sale, right? A big, three month long, never ending sale. These bargain hunters are KILLING me. They are getting 80% off something and then pick out every minor flaw. I have to smile and politely deal with them when all I want to say is, "you either want it or don't - you're not doing me any favors by buying it. If you don't buy it, the next person will." I thrill when they leave to "think about it" and someone else buys it... I love telling them they thought too long and its gone. bwahahaha

Anyway, now that you understand whats stressing me, I'm eating my way through the summer. Sweet tea by the gallon. Soft pretzels. Candy. All stuff I completely gave up for a whole year. Not only do all of my clothes no longer fit (I dug the Plus Sizes out of the basement) but my sleep apnea is back. My plantar's fasciitis is back. My knee is killing me. I feel my blood sugar is waaaayyy out of whack. If I keep this up, I'm going to gain back all 80 pounds before the new store opens.

I'm basically venting... thanks for listening.

Oh, sweetie, I do understand. Sending you hugs. Now that you have acknowledged, it is not to late to make some changes - substituting carrots for candy is a simple one, you know the drill!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry your summer is so full of stress.
    I know it sounds crazy, but exercise is a good stress reliever. But it sounds like you don't even have time in your day to exercise in addition to your full (+some) day of work.
    Just keep your mind in focus, and it is if you are even posting about this. Once the new store opens and things settle down, you can get back into your routine and drop any pounds you gained over the summer. You've done it once, you can do it again!

Good luck to you and I hope it slows down for you SOON!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

You will never feel worse than you do right now, if you immediately start doing the things you already know you have to do. Said another way, it will get better immediately, if you make the changes right now. Otherwise, you will feel worse tomorrow.

Even if you are tired, lace up your gym shoes before you get out of the car and take the dog for a 5 minute walk. Once you are out with her, after 5 minutes...you will feel like doing 10 or 15. At work, since you are on your feet all day, find a big couch to hide behind and do 10 lunges, or squats, or heel raises (for your PF). Heck, go into the back room and do 10 sit ups every hour (he he he...your co-workers will think you are crazy).

For the eating, keep it out of the house, and remember that once you adopt a cleaner eating style, in a week, it will become that new habit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    You will never feel worse than you do right now, if you immediately start doing the things you already know you have to do. Said another way, it will get better immediately, if you make the changes right now. Otherwise, you will feel worse tomorrow.

Even if you are tired, lace up your gym shoes before you get out of the car and take the dog for a 5 minute walk. Once you are out with her, after 5 minutes...you will feel like doing 10 or 15. At work, since you are on your feet all day, find a big couch to hide behind and do 10 lunges, or squats, or heel raises (for your PF). Heck, go into the back room and do 10 sit ups every hour (he he he...your co-workers will think you are crazy).

For the eating, keep it out of the house, and remember that once you adopt a cleaner eating style, in a week, it will become that new habit for you.
    Hugs, because I do understand. But Cataholic is right. You might be just emotionally tired at the end of the day. Going out for a pleasant walk is different than walking the store. My job can have some long hours, too, so I've been there.

Good Luck.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I made an emergency meeting with my shrink today. I told him I KNOW what to do, I just can't muster the energy to do it. I admitted that I KNOW walking Callie is a stress reliever, and I always feel wonderful once I'm out there with her, I just find it hard to actually motivate myself to DO it. Once I have my work clothes and shoes off, I have no interest in putting any other shoes on. Know what I mean?

Meeting with the therapist helped a LOT. Sometimes its nice to just vent to someone for an hour who won't ignore me and start venting about their own life's problems. We all have problems. We all have stress. Once the new store opens, there will be a whole new stress -- training 4 new employees

I need to go grocery shopping tonight and baby carrots are most definitely on my list. So are lots of other good fruits and healthy snacks

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Once the new store opens, there will be a whole new stress -- training 4 new employees

I need to go grocery shopping tonight and baby carrots are most definitely on my list. So are lots of other good fruits and healthy snacks
    At least with new employees you ar starting with a blank slate, and can train them right the first time! I always smile when buying baby carrots - Miss Hoppy preferred the real thing, thanks! So the baby ones I can eat without feeling guilty, as she never regarded them as tasty at all!
    I've Been Frosted

Just back from the supermarket, and the baby carrots were even on sale! Got some for me!
    I've Been Frosted

I also am an emotional eater, and i think until i can find a way to address that and use something more positive in my life to channel my stress rather than eating, i will always have weight issues, up and down,so i too am still working hard on that.

Don't be hard on yourself, you have not put on all the weight yet, and you are totally aware of what you are doing, your life sounds so stressful, i really feel for you so much, HUGS,i totally empathize with you and i hope you find a way to deal with your stress other than eating, as in the end it is a no win situation.

i lost ten kgs over three years ago, and kept it off,last year due to a painful injury ,which is now permanent and painful, i turned to emotional eating due to my depression, i ended up putting 5kgs back on, now i have lost 3kgs, but i am struggling to get it back off, its very very difficult.

If you can get on top of it again, (motivation is always so hard especially under the stress you are dealing with,)you will loose the weight again ,and you won't regain it all, here for you anytime to chat, i understand.

just re reading your post, already you are sounding so much more positive and getting back to healthy eating, so easy to fall in to bad habits,good for you, you can do this , you really can.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I very nearly quit my job yesterday after working 12 hours with a migraine. They KNEW I had a migraine. they TOLD me I looked awful and felt badly for me, but they wouldn't let me just sit quietly - or better yet, go home. Nooooo, they made me stay because we were down a sales associate who's in the hospital (lucky lady!). I ended up taking paperwork home with the intentions of finishing it (its still in my purse)

I did take home two area rugs last night. One I unrolled this morning to find a hole in it after I moved the dining room table AND CHAIRS ON TOP OF IT. tHE SECOND WAS "NICE" BUT I WASN'T SURE IF I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT. I WAS WALKING DOWNSTAIRS WITH LAUNDRY WHEN I SAW harry PEEING ON IT. oOPS, SORRY CAPS LOCK -- TOO DARNED TIRED AND FRustrated to retype) HArry was my only male without crystal issues. Not now. He's currently doing the tell-tale lickety lick.

That did it. As I dropped the laundry basket and grabbed the odor cleaner, I had a mini breakdown. Now I'm all cried out and my head still hurts. I have no idea how I'm going to make it til the end. I have off today and tomorrow. If one more thing goes wrong...

Just take your days to yourself. OMG Kim - I wish I could help!

When is the clearance nonsense over?

If there is one available, treat yourself to a pick-up and drop-off laundry service. You are worth every penny and more!

HUGS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well I called in sick on Friday and left work early Saturday. I had a minor breakdown... ok, I had a major breakdown at work. Even the coworker who has been the bane to my existence was hugging me. The temporary manager has now officially made all four of our sales associates cry on the sales floor. Hubby was there when I started my breakdown so he defended me, and well, that didn't go over well because the cops were very nearly called. Hubby accused the temporary manager of everything I wanted to say, but couldn't. My coworkers all stood there jaws dropped. He didn't say anything inaccurate, just loudly and colorfully -- the ONLY thing that got me through this mess was the fact that he was working there part time throughout the summer.

The good news is: TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY!!! woohoo!!! I spend two weeks unboxing new items and getting the new store together. Sounds like a vacation to me.

Oh, bless you, and the kitties and your family. This whole kerfluffle is nearly over, thank heavens! I am glad your coworkers were sympathetic. Migraines are nothing I would wish on my worst enemy (if I had any).
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad it's nearly over!

This guy made all four of you cry???

I hope some report gets back to head office!

HUGS! Bless your hubby!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a difference a week makes! Its been a long and exhausting, but AWESOME week. There was a mountain of boxes sitting in the parking lot (not kidding -- two loooonnnng tractor trailer's worth of boxes dumped on the asphalt) that needed to be opened and priced, and then the boxes broken down. Nobody wanted to deal with the lamps - they are a frustrating mix of tape, plastic, and Styrofoam. Half the time you can't find the harps and finials (the metal doohickey that holds the shades) and then you have to cut off all the plastic around the shade. doing one or two lamps is fine.... but 50? The owner of the company was funny, he and I were unboxing next to each other and he grabbed a big box and muttered, "Man! I thought this was going to be an easy one but its another lamp!" I decided since nobody else wanted to tackle them I would. It was wonderful.... I stood outside in the beautiful sunshine matching lamps up with the proper shades and putting them together. nobody bothered me because they were afraid if they came near I might recruit them!

I spent several days in shorts and tee shirt moving tables and lugging boxes. My body hurt but it felt so good. No more stress of the sale!

Today I took my sales team to our sister store for retraining. I worked with the new sales ladies (I ADORE them!!!) and they told me afterwards that they learned more today than they have the past month in the company's training program (awwwwww)

To make thing better, I had off this weekend (the first in ages and the last unless I request personal time) and babysat my little grandson, who will be 1 next month. He's such a pleasant little guy and so easy to care for. Flutter refuses to come out Cameron and his little sister, but she likes Logan. Callie sleeps in the hallway outside his bedroom.

I am so much more relaxed and happy. I've been sleeping each night - no more waking up "dreaming" of being at work.