Thread: Good Morning From the Midwest

Good Morning From the Midwest

Hello everyone!! Just thought I would take a minute and introduce myself and my "AnimalFamily" .
    I have the pleasure of living with 1 awesome dog named Payne, a very special kitty named Littleman, 5 very entertaining chickens, and 8 wonderful goats!!
    I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing stories about my 'critters' as well as hearing about yours.
    Well, I'm off to have a look around......

Welcome - with that crew, it sounds like you will fit in well here!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome! That sounds like an interesting and awesome family! Looking forward to pictures of all of them!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Welcome

We LOVE pictures.!!!
    I grew up with dogs. Now I am owned by 4 cats.

Did I mention we LOVE pictures

Hi and Welcome. sounds like you have your hands full. hope you enjoy the forum.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

Blog Entries
    I'm new too. I have 4 cats. Can't wait to see pictures.

Hello from the Kitty's

Yes! Pictures! and welcome!!!

Greeting, my dear friend! Please give Payne a pat for me. Hope that the goats are helping you with your unwanted weeds and shrubs!

Hi again everyone and thank you so much for the warm welcome !!
    Sorry it took me so long to get back here but that darn thing called "life" just keeps getting in the way .
    I was surprised to see a couple of familiar faces here .
    WILDCATS: what a pleasant surprise!!
    LPC: you know it's always great to see you!!......"pat" given, Payne says: "thank you very much!!", and no those darn goats haven't helped a bit with the weeds, other than maybe trampling a few. We are seriously considering the 'controlled burn' thing as the plants are dead for the winter and very volatile right now so it's a good time to experiment. I will keep you posted.
    Anyway, it's great to meet you all and hopefully I can stick around for a while and get busy making some new friends !!

Well, welcome back! How unusual that your goats don't eat the weeds - you must have non-tasty weeds, what were you thinking?
    I've Been Frosted

Hi and thanks again! I know, can you believe there are some things goats won't eat? Well there is and it looks a little something like this: http://www.mypetsonparade.com/forums...ants-beefsteak

We had just a few of these plants in our yard last year and this is just a tiny example of what it transitioned to this year

Yikes - not only not tasty but fatal to cows! The goats are smart not to eat that stuff! When will humans learn it is not smart to introduce foreign species to an ecosystem! Are you allowed to mow and burn it? What kills it?
    I've Been Frosted

Yep, definitely fatal to cows. Fortunately we have none of those.
    The tricky thing is that it is part of the mint family, and you probably know how difficult it is to control mint,
    It spreads by the root system. We tried pulling, but seriously......not gonna happen...way too much of it. That's why we are going to burn it out this winter. Mowing only makes it worse.
    I've never experienced anything like this before. Dang imports !!
    www.mypetsonparade.com
    New members welcome and always apppreciated!!

Welcome to PT!

Welcome to Pet Talk Animalfamily! I'm sure you will enjoy it here, and we look forward to hear stories - and perhaps see pictures of all you critters.

I used to have a cat, but he died in Feb. this year. Now I cat-sit for others, and who knows, I may get another one day.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.