Thread: Kidnapped bulldog

Kidnapped bulldog

Can any one help my daughter male bulldog age at the time of kidnap he was 7month her flat got broken into and four men stole the dog he was passed to diffrent people then locked in a house alnight on is own the a couple had him all in the space of three days then we got him bk and she came to live with me and my family . That was three months ago. Since thenis beavoour towards strange men r if there are different children come to the house no so much to women. He go from zero to thousand very aggressive and nothing brings him down until they leave r we put him outside were he just barks and barks . We've had him neauted 2 weeks ago but he still act the same . Best advise please

He definitely is in need of some "rehab" training, and this will take some time to recover from. The poor dog, it is no wonder he is acting aggressive after all that. I am glad you got him neutered, so you are not fighting hormones as well.

Time to start socializing him again as if he were a brand new puppy. Maybe see if there is a beginning obedience class you could enroll him in, if you speak to the instructor and explain. You need to rebuild the bond of trust between you and the dog, first of all, and that would help that.
    I've Been Frosted

We have a 18mnth male neauted French massiff who is my dog my name deb who I've trained and he's brilliant and vinny the bulldog gets on great with and he try's getting a bit dominant with but the French massif puts him in is place and there is never any aggression between them and my daughter as a baby and I have children 6 and 4 and he's ok when we take them on walks. It's just any strange men who he's never seen and if my children bring friends come in he jump and goes aggessive it's like something totally goes off in his head. And the people who kidnapped him are being prosecuted .

Quote Originally Posted by Glengalb View Post
    We have a 18mnth male neauted French massiff who is my dog my name deb who I've trained and he's brilliant and vinny the bulldog gets on great with and he try's getting a bit dominant with but the French massif puts him in is place and there is never any aggression between them and my daughter as a baby and I have children 6 and 4 and he's ok when we take them on walks. It's just any strange men who he's never seen and if my children bring friends come in he jump and goes aggessive it's like something totally goes off in his head. And the people who kidnapped him are being prosecuted .
    Glad they are being prosecuted. Just time to work on resocializing him, taking him different places, having "strange" men come in and make him sit and let the visitor give him a treat if he behaves ... Teach your kids to do the same with any friends they bring over.
    I've Been Frosted

Poor guy! Patience is important! Take the socialization slowly or you will only make matters worse.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Poor dog, he definitely needs socialization to regain his confidence. Can't blame for what happened to him.
    The same with my friend's gentle boxer who being attacked by two GSDs, though he's not injured just small bites but the trauma makes him more timid and defensive. He's going to professional trainer now and a dog class for his socialization.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan

poor dog!

try him with dolls first....reward him when he does something nice. he will get better if you do it right!!