Thread: Corner Curio Cabinet?

Corner Curio Cabinet?

Did anyone watch the "Wheel of Fortune" episode about this mispronunciation of the puzzle solution?

Why is everyone complaining that this contestant lost a million dollar prize?

He lost the chance to try and win a million dollars, the million wasn't guaranteed - he still had to win the game, spin another wheel, land on the million dollar prize and solve another puzzle.

-------------------------

All because he didn't know what a curio cabinet was and how to pronounce it.

I wonder what his obituary will say about it?

Well, it wasn't so much as he mispronounced it as he fumbled the syllables in the last two words. I am sure if he had said, "Corner Coo-ree-o Cabinet," or "Corner Cyo-rye-o Cabinet," or anything getting the first and last words in correctly, they would have given it him! Not the first time nerves got the best of someone on a gameshow!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, it wasn't so much as he mispronounced it as he fumbled the syllables in the last two words. I am sure if he had said, "Corner Coo-ree-o Cabinet," or "Corner Cyo-rye-o Cabinet," or anything getting the first and last words in correctly, they would have given it him! Not the first time nerves got the best of someone on a gameshow!
    Gotcha.

I am just stunned that people were awarding him the million as if that solution depended on it!