Thread: My Major

My Major

Words can't express how I am feeling as I write to tell you that my dearest, most precious Major has passed on. I simply cannot believe it...I am so heartbroken. I don't want to believe it, it doesn't seem possible.

My parents called to tell me on Friday that they had been enjoying the day out at our farm with Major. He loved going to our farm and it was his second home. They are not sure exactly what happened because they didn't see it, but a man that is notorious for speeding down gravel and dirt roads hit Major. Major never got too close to vehicles that went by, and I just can't figure out what happened. While at the farm, Major mostly stayed in our yard or near the farmhouse, but once in a while he would walk to the road to sniff around..but if a vehicle came he would keep his distance. I think the man just came so fast...The man has been told to slow down in the past because there are young kids that live on the other side of the road...but he never did. I just can't understand it...I am devastated. The man was trying to make excuses and didn't even seem to care...I don't think he has any idea how much we are hurting...my mom called Major and ran up to the road and thought he was still alive because she saw his leg twitch, but he wasn't. My parents buried him at our farm that afternoon.

I haven't been able to stop crying...I just can't believe he's gone. He would have been 10 in January, but he was still healthy as could be.

For those of you who remember, Major was my dog, and we got him when he was a puppy. You may also remember it took a while for my mom to warm up to him (she was against getting a dog and I had to fight so hard to get him) but she grew so, so close to him. She said he was truly one of her best friends. Every time I talked to her, she would tell me how well they got along and how wonderful of a dog he was. I thanked her for letting me get a dog and she said she is SO glad she relented.

It hurts so much...but I also feel terrible for my family, because they loved him so much as well. My dad and him spent a lot of time together at our farm, he was my dad's companion. And he also spent so much time alone with my mom at home. He was my dog, but in the time that I have been away for university, my parents and sister grew so close to him and loved him so much. We each had our own special connection with him. I hated being away from him when I moved away for school, but I always knew that they took such good care of him and gave him so much love, so that made it easier. He was SUCH a good dog.

I wish I could have been there to say goodbye to him, to tell him I love him one last time, and to be with my family during this. I just wish I could see him one more time.

I know I haven't been active here in a long time, but I thought of PetTalk soon after I found out.

Here are some recent pictures of him.

Here he is exhausted in our farmhouse after running around at our farm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0311.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	57191

This is last Christmas. Major became an inside dog but stayed in the kitchen for the most part. Sometimes when my parents weren't home, we would let him in the living room.

Name:	DSC_0519.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	57192

Name:	DSC_0516 (2).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1,022.4 KB 
ID:	57193

This spring, we got a side-by-side at our farm. This was mine and Major's first ride in it, with my dad as driver.

Name:	DSC_0651.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	57194

He was my best friend...I will miss him so incredibly much.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Oh no. I'm so sorry about Major. I remember when you got him. He'll live in your heart forever.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry for your loss! Treasure the memories of happy times with him!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

I have seen old threads of Major. I am so sorry for your loss, especially since it is so preventable. Rest easy, Major. You were a very loved pooch.

Oh, our deepest condolences for you and your whole family. You're in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I remember you and Major. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so painful to lose a great friend & companion like Major.
    My condolences to you & your family at this sad time. Rest In Peace now sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a tragic way to lose a beloved member of the family.
    ((((HUGS))))
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

My heart is breaking~

Tears are falling for you and for your beautiful Labbie boy, Major. I do remember you and your precious Major. I can't begin to imagine the pain and sadness you're feeling right now. It's hard enough to lose a beloved doggie to age, an illness. But to lose one so suddenly and tragically, to learn of his passing the way you did, far from home, unable to say "goodbye," is something no pet parent should have to experience. I wish there was something I could say to help ease your pain, but I know there are none. But I do know, after reading your heart wrenching words, after looking at those beautiful photos of Major so happy, that he knew with his very last breath how much you loved him. He was your dream come true, and for 10 wonderful years you and he shared the most special of bonds. He even proved to the doubters that he was more than worthy of being a full fledged member of the family, and he earned their love and respect too. He left this earth so loved, and he took that love with him to the Rainbow Bridge, to hold tight until you and he are together again. Please know that so many of us are hurting with you and care, truly care. Thank you for posting those pictures of Major. He was one beautiful boy, and so lucky to have had you as his mom. (((hugs))) Sandra and Star the Lab.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Rest In Peace Dear Major, you are a special soul.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Oh, Maria. I am so very sorry. I don't get her a lot now so I hope you see this. I can't imagine your pain. You know I've always loved Major. And I had forgotten about how your mom felt about having a dog until you mentioned it. Major must have been such a special dog to win her heart like that. My heart breaks for you. No words will make the hurt go away but know that he knew you loved him so very much and so did your family. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need to talk. I love the photos. Especially of the Christmas one. I know how hard it is. It takes a lot of time for the pain to even dull. Just cherish your memories and hold them close to your heart. We'll all meet up again and then our hearts will be whole.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

So sorry about Major.

People can be so cruel and careless. That man had been warned to slow down previously. What if a child had run out into the road? I feel your pain about Major. My parents' dog has been missing since Oct 19 and we fear she may have been stolen. Someone reported a dead dog in the road miles from parents home fitting Shep's description. They didn't find anything in road but we fear it was Shep. I haven't stopped crying since last night.

I know what you are going through and you have my deepest sympathies. Right now it is so hard and you feel so sad. Try to let your love and memories of your sweet guy Major get you through this difficult time and know that we are thinking of you and Major.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaM View Post
    Words can't express how I am feeling as I write to tell you that my dearest, most precious Major has passed on. I simply cannot believe it...I am so heartbroken. I don't want to believe it, it doesn't seem possible.

My parents called to tell me on Friday that they had been enjoying the day out at our farm with Major. He loved going to our farm and it was his second home. They are not sure exactly what happened because they didn't see it, but a man that is notorious for speeding down gravel and dirt roads hit Major. Major never got too close to vehicles that went by, and I just can't figure out what happened. While at the farm, Major mostly stayed in our yard or near the farmhouse, but once in a while he would walk to the road to sniff around..but if a vehicle came he would keep his distance. I think the man just came so fast...The man has been told to slow down in the past because there are young kids that live on the other side of the road...but he never did. I just can't understand it...I am devastated. The man was trying to make excuses and didn't even seem to care...I don't think he has any idea how much we are hurting...my mom called Major and ran up to the road and thought he was still alive because she saw his leg twitch, but he wasn't. My parents buried him at our farm that afternoon.

I haven't been able to stop crying...I just can't believe he's gone. He would have been 10 in January, but he was still healthy as could be.

For those of you who remember, Major was my dog, and we got him when he was a puppy. You may also remember it took a while for my mom to warm up to him (she was against getting a dog and I had to fight so hard to get him) but she grew so, so close to him. She said he was truly one of her best friends. Every time I talked to her, she would tell me how well they got along and how wonderful of a dog he was. I thanked her for letting me get a dog and she said she is SO glad she relented.

It hurts so much...but I also feel terrible for my family, because they loved him so much as well. My dad and him spent a lot of time together at our farm, he was my dad's companion. And he also spent so much time alone with my mom at home. He was my dog, but in the time that I have been away for university, my parents and sister grew so close to him and loved him so much. We each had our own special connection with him. I hated being away from him when I moved away for school, but I always knew that they took such good care of him and gave him so much love, so that made it easier. He was SUCH a good dog.

I wish I could have been there to say goodbye to him, to tell him I love him one last time, and to be with my family during this. I just wish I could see him one more time.

I know I haven't been active here in a long time, but I thought of PetTalk soon after I found out.

Here are some recent pictures of him.

Here he is exhausted in our farmhouse after running around at our farm.

Name:	DSC_0311.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	57191

This is last Christmas. Major became an inside dog but stayed in the kitchen for the most part. Sometimes when my parents weren't home, we would let him in the living room.

Name:	DSC_0519.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	57192

Name:	DSC_0516 (2).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1,022.4 KB 
ID:	57193

This spring, we got a side-by-side at our farm. This was mine and Major's first ride in it, with my dad as driver.

Name:	DSC_0651.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	57194

He was my best friend...I will miss him so incredibly much.

I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda