Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More of Wolfy

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

More of Wolfy

He's been here less than a week, so while there isn't a whole lot of adventures to share, I'll just give you some of my observations of him so far.

We went to Dr Annie Tuesday and he got a clean bill of health, His itchies are settling down and not as frequent, and doc said it's just mild seasonal allergies. Not chewing or scratching himself raw,, but I can give him 1/4 of a benadryl if it gets worse, and he has no fleas either. He weighed in at 10.5 pounds, his coat and skin is in excellent condition. He just needed his Lyme's vaccine since the shelter does only the routine immunizations, and he goes back in 3 weeks for the booster. He got his heartworm med to get started on, so he's good to go. When Myndi passed on, I donated back to doc, the cans of K/D I still had, and 3 doses of the heartworm med, since I had no use for them. Well doc was nice enough to give me 3 doses of the Heartgard free - she paid back the amount I had donated. She's a gem! The only thing I had to pay for was the Lyme's, since the initial visit with a pet that has been adopted is free. Wolfy wasn't scared there, but he wasn't overly enthusiastic about being there either! He let everyone know of his displeasure by pooping in the reception area! And doc said he's a Pom mix too, just as he was listed, and I rather suspected too - not that it makes any difference to me!. His ears are bigger than a Pom's and he is narrower across his forehead and the top of his head too. Doc said his legs were a bit longer too, but I can't see that and he looks exactly like Myndi in his height and length and is the same weight

He's settling in quite nicely, and is extremely bright and inquisitive (nosy!). He intently watches everything that I do, like he's trying to learn every little thing that he can. He does have separation anxiety to a degree, but he's getting better. Today is the first he's ventured into another room without me being with him, and I've been able to get out of his sight without him being glued to me. Poor little guy, guess he's just making sure that I'm not going to go away. Must have been traumatic for him to lose his previous mom, but he definitely has adopted and accepted me! He's a sweet lovebug! He is the first dog that I've ever had that didn't clean it's dish when put down, but this guy's a nibbler. He eats a few little pieces of kibble at a time and stretches it out all day. I asked doc about it and she said not to worry about it - many dogs have that eating pattern (one of hers does), and as long as he gets what he needs for the day, then it's a non-issue.

He's very friendly and appears to like everybody - but must be given the okay to interact with them first before he accepts them. He will eye someone at a distance and not approach them unless Mom or Steve says it's okay. This is a good trait! He loves being outside and going for walks, and since the only fencing I have here is the tree lines, then he has to stay on a leash. But the back yard is 1.5 acres so he has lots to explore and I bought a 16 foot retractable leash for him, so he can run more or less wherever he wants and feel pretty free, instead of having me following right up his butt! But when I need to have the control I just lock it at a short length and he walks right beside me. He knows basic commands and obeys (mostly) when I use them. He learned the first day what the leash was and that he had to have it attached before he could go out. He knows no and stay - even tho he likes to test me at times and try to not listen. He's housebroken, and tho he has never told me when he has to go out, he has never gone in the house. I take him outside very frequently, so I guess that plays a part in it too. He sleeps in my bed at night, tho he will go into his carrier, but doesn't stay. I have it in my bedroom and leave the door to it open, and he goes in it on his own every now and then.. He certainly doesn't have an aversion to it. He's not a barker and yapper, but will bark if he sees someone walking or riding a bike down the road, and if someone comes to the door. He's not afraid of the vacuum and tries to kill it! He barks and carries on and bites at it when I turn it on, and barks at my hairdryer too. He's like Myndi with toys too - chews them apart and amputates body parts and appendages, and pulls the stuffing out to get to the squeaker. He destroyed 2 that I bought him and had to take away from him, and I have 2 others that I can't give him. He's going to have to settle for tough Kongs and balls and rope toys. He raided Myndi and Sparky's toy box and found some that suited him and that he can have besides a few that I got him that he can have. I can find the toys without stuffing, but it's almost impossible to find them without a squeaker.

He's already spoiled rotten, but he's a good little guy and not one of those demanding dogs. I've already spent a bundle on him with new supplies, etc. Afterall, I wouldn't want to give him a complex by making him use/wear hand-me-downs! He got a carrier (which I didn't have for the fuzzies) and I got it a little bigger than he needed so I could use it as a mini-crate if I have call for one, and for longer trips in the car, a small soft pillow bed like M & S's big one, that fits inside the carrier, the 16' leash, a new collar with paw prints all over it, a set of ceramic food and water bowls that sit in a wrought iron like wire holder, toys, the pricey food (Verus) that they feed at the shelter, 2 custom made collar tags (one with name, address and phone # and the other his rabies vaccine ID # since all that DE requires now is a paper copy). Sure - like I would ever be able to locate that piece of paper if I ever needed it - especially in the moving mess. Both The Fuzzbuttz had St Francis medals on their collars and I couldn't find one at the couple of pet supply stores locally, so I found a lot of different ones on line and ordered one for Wolfy too, and it will be delivered tomorrow. I'm not Catholic and medals such as this are associated with being so, but my dogs always wear one and I always have a St Christopher's in my car for me! In this world, we all need all of the protection we can get!

Okay, looks like I got windy again - and I said I didn't have much to tell yet??? Well you'll probably like the end, because I have 3 pictures to share. These were the pics on his Petfinder page, so I took the liberty of lifting them. If he's mine - then so are the pictures!!! - right??? Is it any wonder why I fell for this cutie?? - just look at that face! And unlike the pics that we took of him here, he really can look at the camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wOLFY.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	57180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolfy 2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	57181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolfy 3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	57182
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Dear Wolfy,

Hug hug hug hug hug! This update gives me a HUGE smile!

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I definitely see the Papillion in him, with his longer legs and more delicate face, but none of that really matters, as he is 100% loved dog! His face is so little compared to all his fluff! I bet he looks MUCH different when wet!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    His face is so little compared to all his fluff! I bet he looks MUCH different when wet!
    I thought I was going to have to find that out when I almost had to give him his first bath here. During one of our walks a couple of days ago and when we were way out back, he found a dead baby mole and was about to roll on it when I caught him and gave a tug on his leash. I wasn't about to pick it up and toss it into the woods, and then again this morning he found that same darn spot. All that land and he happens on it twice - I couldn't do that if my life depended on it!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Ellie, he is so darn cute And he has made you a very happy lady

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Ellie, he is so darn cute And he has made you a very happy lady
    Right on both counts! I love and miss both Myndi and Sparky more than words can express and they will always be with me in spirit, but after being a pet mom for 50+ years, I didn't know how to not be one. I thought I could go petless, but...........
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Wolfy is sure one lucky boy. I'm so happy that you & he met each other. In these new pictures, he looks like he could be a show dog.
    He is so darn handsome.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wolfy is special inside and out. He was meant to be with you. I have a feeling there will be some wonderful tails to tell as you and he move on to new adventures. I am so happy you have such a special little boy to share your time with. Hugs to you and Wolfy.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Aww Wolfy, you're a looker!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So when's the next pup coming?

He's so handsome, I love his little pose!! And his bandana!

Oh, he's a sweetie pie!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

You can post Wolfy pics all day long and I will never get tired of seeing him . He is such a cutie! I wonder what he is mixed with, I swear he looks full Pom to me, so whatever else is in there must be very diluted!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    You can post Wolfy pics all day long and I will never get tired of seeing him . He is such a cutie! I wonder what he is mixed with, I swear he looks full Pom to me, so whatever else is in there must be very diluted!
    The way he prances when he is on the leash, he has the look of a Sheltie. His muzzle isn't as long tho, and the Sheltie head has more of a gradual slope from the top of the head to the nose. Hey - he could be part elephant and that would still be okay with me!

Can't wait for the Pom Party once I get settled. I haven't seen Kay post in any of Wolfy's threads, so I don't think she even knows about him yet.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    You can post Wolfy pics all day long and I will never get tired of seeing him . He is such a cutie!!
    Same here! Hi again, Wolfy cutie! *kissie*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It's a good thing that Wolfy has yet to learn the ins and outs of the computer, like Myndi and Sparky did. He would be getting a big head just reading how everyone thinks he is just a cutie! Give him time - he'll be reading soon and telling you his own stories too. Afterall - he is Fuzzbutt #3, and fully intends to learn how to spin some yarns of his own, in keeping with the Fuzzbutt tradition. I do believe that the drama Myndi created will continue on.............

Thanks for the nice comments about Wolfy. I think he's pretty special too - probably more so since Fuzzbutt #1 & #2 had a hand in getting him here.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013