Thread: Fall weather ... First frost ...

Fall weather ... First frost ...

So it is that time of year - Dad and I were discussing today how the weather forecasters like to make a big deal out of everything - maybe some media consultant told them to do that to increase ratings ... but the "tease" for every weather report yesterday was "Frost Warning!!!!!!!" when that only applied to a few towns in one northernmost county. Sigh.

So I figured I'd start a thread, and we could all note when we get our first frost. Be sure, if your :location" is obscure, to mention at least the general area in which you live!

No frost yet here in Waltham ... although I always look forward to the first killing frost to wipe out the ragweed pollen for the season!
    I've Been Frosted

Central Jersey, we have a frost warning tonight. According to my Iphone 4s, it's 48 degrees, I can't see it being cold enough for frost. But then again, my "Iphone" is apparently outdated - so what do I know.

My Uncle got some of his hunting gear out today, that's when you know fall is fast approaching, he can't wait to get back out in the woods

I love fall so looking forward to the first frost! It's only 43* here right now but no frost yet. I think of it as 'killing off fleas'.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Chance of frost here in NE Ohio tonight!
    Forever in my heart...

None here yet, but they are thrilled to announce the chance of it in the northern hills of Worcester county ...
    I've Been Frosted

Still no frost yet for us? How about everyone else?

I did actually put on a sweater to go out the last two evenings - one sign that fall is here!
    I've Been Frosted

We've had lots of frost...even a miniscule hit of snow. We're a few degrees above freezing during the day and a few below at night.

Got the comforter back on the bed!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

No frost anywhere in sight - the lowest predicted nighttime temps for the next week is 40 ° F - well above freezing.
    I've Been Frosted

First frost! ROFL! My area gets an average of 80 frost free days a year. I had to scrape my windshield for the first time in early August! We've had frost every night for at least 5 weeks. Temps are still getting to 5-8C during the day although we have had snow and there's plenty of snow even on the low hills now!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Denmark: No frost yet, but today it was pretty cold to cycle, had to wear gloves and a knitted hat. In the daytime it's 10-12C and at night around 5-8C. It will soon change.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

We are predicted to finally get out first frost tonight!
    I've Been Frosted

No real frost yet. It was snowing wet snow this evening and up to 3" predicted tonight!
    Forever in my heart...