Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Mouse In The House

A Mouse In The House

My cat Joey has been spending a lot of time down in the basement lately. He would sit on the basement stairway
    just staring into the basement floor area. I went down there a couple of times but never saw anything unusual.Yesterday
    evening Joey ran into the dining room and sat in the middle of the floor & released something from his mouth.

It ran so fast under the couch, I could barely get a good look at it & thought it might be a big bug or spider. Since then
    it has relocated to my kitchen and it's now in a heating register near the stove. Joey stands guard every night & day waiting
    for it to come out. I'm heading to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up mousetraps. What a kitty I have.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

At least he is on the job! That mouse is likely already regretting his choice of cold-weather domicile!
    I've Been Frosted

Joey, Ya gotta KILL those things, us hoomins are not well-equipped to catch them!!

My Terrance Jeffrey spend a lot of time in the cellar, as he and Scrapster are not friendly at all.
    He is death on mice, and he is a ex stray and he is like Tabby greased lighting, and there is no Mighty Mouse to save the day.
    Poor little Mice, but they do chew the wiring!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Isn't it nice to have a mouse alarm? My mouse alarm was my kitty Taz. I always knew when we had "visitors" because he would stand guard in the kitchen staring at the cabinets.
    My two felines now aren't as diligent in the mouse field.
    Jax, however, will get any bug he sees, even if I don't see them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yay, Joey caught the mouse last night. He is a very patient little hunter. He came racing into the dining room & headed for
    the living room when Maggie & Smokey joined the chase. They were so excited by the new game and they made such a racket, joey
    released the mouse again & it ran under the couch. Geeze. I had it all planned out. Joey gets the mouse, I pick up Joey & set him
    outside where he will then release the critter. I got hold of joey's back leg but couldn't hold on because I thought I might hurt him.

I don't want to hurt the mouse (or Joey), just want it out of the house. Back to the drawing board.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

When Casey was a kitten at my parents' house, he caught a mouse in their basement. Granted, it had been in a trap but was still alive when he caught it.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Yay, Joey caught the mouse last night. He is a very patient little hunter. He came racing into the dining room & headed for
    the living room when Maggie & Smokey joined the chase. They were so excited by the new game and they made such a racket, joey
    released the mouse again & it ran under the couch. Geeze. I had it all planned out. Joey gets the mouse, I pick up Joey & set him
    outside where he will then release the critter. I got hold of joey's back leg but couldn't hold on because I thought I might hurt him.

I don't want to hurt the mouse (or Joey), just want it out of the house. Back to the drawing board.
    He must like to play with his food. Or the mouse is a new toy, a live toy! Keep trying, Joey!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    He must like to play with his food. Or the mouse is a new toy, a live toy! Keep trying, Joey!

Yes it's true, Joey thinks this is all a game & he's gotten bored with it. He would much rather play the laser light game.
    Well, I bought the traps and if I don't smash my fingers off first, I'll set them today.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Next time you see the mouse, how about opening a nearby door so the mouse has a chance to escape.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

Lizbud, I'm laughing to myself at the picture of the mouse, Joey, Maggie and Smokey Keep trying, Joey!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Lizbud, I'm laughing to myself at the picture of the mouse, Joey, Maggie and Smokey Keep trying, Joey!

Joey is doing more loafing than waiting in wait for the critter. He doesn't stay awake & alert till about 9PM. He's a part-time mouser.
    I had to smile at Maggie's efforts to help with the chase the other night. She was positively beaming with excitement at the inside chase. It was
    almost as exciting as chasing a squirrel.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Who needs TV, right? Ho have your own suspense show/sitcom right there in real life!
    I've Been Frosted

I'll send Jake to ya! He caught a mouse in the yard yesterday.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Next time you see the mouse, how about opening a nearby door so the mouse has a chance to escape.

Randi,

Oh how I wish it could be that easy, but it isn't. So far between Joey & the traps, we've sent five mice to heaven.
    I really have no stomach for this and I wonder why mice came in this year & I never had any when other cats were here.
    (never saw any mice, alive or dead before.)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt