Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolfy's PT Debut-Story #26

0.0 I have never seen a brindle pom before. He's GORGEOUS! Welcome, Wolfy!

Congrats!!! He's such a handsome boy. I look forward to hearing his story.

Oh my goodness! He's gorgeous!!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Welcome to Pet Talk, Wolfy! You're just beginning to realize how good you've got it, trust us!
    I've Been Frosted

He is adorable.

He is gorgeous! Welcome to Pet Talk, Wolfy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I know I'm late to the party, but WELCOME TO PT WOLFY!! You are adorable and your coat bears a certain resemblance to a special kitty I know....
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Welcome Wolfie, you have found a great mom and I bet you will get spoiled.

I've never really seen Pom's before, so don't know what they're supposed to look like, but his colour is special and his fluffy tail - That will keep you busy with the brush. The 5th pic in post 2 is my favourite.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Welcome Wolfie, you have found a great mom and I bet you will get spoiled.

I've never really seen Pom's before, so don't know what they're supposed to look like, but his colour is special and his fluffy tail - That will keep you busy with the brush. The 5th pic in post 2 is my favourite.
    Randi - Myndi was a Pom, but she was all black. The most common color in Poms is the orangy/gold color, tho they do come in other colors too. I had never seen a brindle Pom, and was blown away by the coloration.. I had only seen brindle in short hair dogs, but the long hair is stunning. My brother had a brindle Persian cat that was gorgeous too. Somehow, the long hair brings out the beauty of the color pattern.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Welcome to PT Wolfy! As everyone else has already said, your coloring is AMAZING!!!
    You landed in the best home ever! And I look forward to seeing more pictures of your handsomeness and hearing your adventures on the big move.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

The Wolfy Story

This all started last week, so I guess that's where I need to start this saga......
    And keep in mind - I seriously was not looking for another dog and had no intention of ever getting another!

On Monday I was on line looking for the address of a cat shelter that used to be in town, since I was going to donate a few of the small pet beds to them. Somehow I got directed to Petfinder, and then I just started looking around. I saw this adorable tiny Pom (looked like PT's Lily and Roger), and I was crazy enough to read the story. She was in a rescue in southern NJ and she had been found by the side of a road, laying next to her dead Pom pal, and in terrible condition. That story really grabbed me. She was about 7or 8 months old, 5 pounds, and once she was taken care of and back to good health, she was neutered, microchipped, had all her inoculations, etc, she was ready for adoption. She looked like a Pom model for a calendar - cute as a button! Next thing I knew I was filling out an adoption application on line. I got an automated acknowledgement that it was received and someone would be in touch with me in a few days. That night I started feeling guilty - what would Myndi and Sparky think? Would they think that I had forgotten them and didn't love them anymore? Silly??? - maybe and maybe not, but I personally don't think so. I'm sure they are watching over me and know what's going on. I have their pictures on my dresser, and that night before bed, I had a little chat with them - as one sided as it was - but I know that they heard it. I told them that I would always love and miss them, but I was so lonely without them, and that I need another furkid to keep me company - they had each other but I had no furkid anymore. Then I told them that if it was possible, could they please send me some kind of sign - either they were okay with it, or they weren't - and I would go with that. Yeah - like that would ever happen. Well - the next morning I was getting dressed and still had the t.v. on in my bedroom, and not even watching or listening to it, when next thing I know, I heard Willy Nelson singing "You Were Always On My Mind" and the Humane Society tearjerker commercial was on. THAT WAS THE OKAY SIGN FROM MYNDI AND SPARKY. - in my opinion anyway. What made it even so unusual, is that it was on the ABC station mid-morning, and you almost never see those commercials on anything but the cable channels. Okay - so now it had the stamp of approval, but then I started thinking about it. This dog is a baby - would need to be housebroken and have lots of obedience training ~ and here I am trying to make a major move out of state. The more I thought about it, the more I decided against it, even tho I would have loved to have her. The rescue doesn't list a phone # so I couldn't call, so decided if and when they contacted me, I would just decline if I was accepted. As of last Thursday I hadn't heard anything (they said nothing about not adopting out of state either), so out of curiosity I looked at my county shelter and the downstate county shelter. My county had a cute little Shih Tzu, and the downstate shelter had Wolfy. He was listed as a Pom mix, but I don't see any mix in him, tho his ears are somewhat bigger than Myndi's and other Poms I've seen. His owner was an older lady who fell and broke her shoulder and could no longer take care of him. Darned if I would ever have turned him over to a state county shelter and not a private shelter/rescue, beats the hell out of me - but so glad that she did. In turn the shelter had all of his records and history - something pretty rare to find in a shelter dog. His records list a breeder's name, so he must be pure Pom I would think, so I don't know where the "mix" figures in????? His write up on Petfinder said he was skittish, but liked people and other dogs. I called to see if he was still available - he was - so Friday morning I headed down to meet him. He was in an outside run with several dogs and I just watched him for a while - he was playing with them and having a grand old time. Playful - very big plus. One of the volunteers got him out for me so I could interact with him. He really wasn't the least bit interested in me and wanted to get back to the other dogs, but the worker had hot dog treats which she gave me to entice him. That did it - he was definitely food motivated. And skittish??? - whoever wrote that up obviously didn't know the meaning of the word. Anyway - I definitely wanted him, so I filled out the application, and after a short check - he was mine!

So that's how he ended up as the new man in my life. I have more to tell you about him, but I don't want to bore you and put you to sleep, so I'll save that for later if anyone is interested. I'll tell you that he is a real sweetheart lovebug little shadow and loves to give kisses and play-play-play. He's very smart and a fast learner, and came here with obedience skills too! I'm in love again, and I'm sure Myndi and Sparky approve of their new brother that I chose, even if they can't get in on the fun going on here. I know that they are happy and making their own!

Sorry for the book length post........... and I never heard from the NJ rescue either. Not exactly a great way to operate and find homes for the animals.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The first pictures of him on the back of the couch put me in mind of a tortoiseshell cat! Wolfy is downright handsome.

It certainly sounds like he was meant to cross your path. Had a bit LES when reading how Myndi and Sparky sent you the OK to adopt another furkid. They know you still love them and miss them dearly, but they want you to be happy too.

Congratulations!!
    Welcome to PT, Wolfy!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww, that is a great story! And I would to hear the other stories you have about your new little boy.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I know that Myndi and Sparky guided you to this sweet boy. I hope you have many happy and healthy years together.

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you, and Wolfy!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers