Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Groucho, we'll always love you!

Godspeed to our wonderful PT kitty lawyer.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

June 22, 2012
    Dr. Pearson called about Groucho's lab tests today. She said his thyroid level is okay but his white blood cell count is up a bit and there's protein in his urine. She said there's nothing to be too concerned about, along with the prescription food Doctor has him on an anti-biotic that might clear up any infection he may have. She wants to see him again in 2-3 weeks as long as things stay as they are now - he's eating and drinking normally and seems to have perked up a bit. At his next visit Dr. Pearson will check his blood pressure and possibly do another CDC panel. Soncat and I will be watching him closely.
    July 21 of 2012 his white count was still elevated.

September 2, 2012 http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=Groucho And there were "Groucho Bombs" now and then.

I was looking for some idea as to why dear Groucho left for the Bridge. {{{hugs}}} Eileen and to your son. Groucho was a huge part of the PT family and will always be remembered.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    June 22, 2012

July 21 of 2012 his white count was still elevated.

September 2, 2012 http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=Groucho And there were "Groucho Bombs" now and then.

I was looking for some idea as to why dear Groucho left for the Bridge. {{{hugs}}} Eileen and to your son. Groucho was a huge part of the PT family and will always be remembered.
    I had looked but didn't find anything. Thanks.

I know I miss him already. This is a shock to all of us. Hugs to momcat and soncat.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I cried on phone with Eileen last night and I'm crying right now just reading all the posts.

When she called me, I thought she was calling to tell me the countdown to her retirement.

We spoke the night before and were talking about Groucho and his antics. I am absolutely STUNNED and heartbroken for both Eileen and Mike.

RIP G-Man. Although I never met you, I always like I was a part of your life. Play hard at the Bridge and give my beloved MooShoo hugs and licks from his Meowmie.

Know that you were loved and cherished beyond your wildest dreams. I will try to help your Meowmie get through this. We ALL loved you, dude.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am so saddened to read about Groucho. You will miss him terribly of course, and I hope that the thought that he only knew love his whole life brings you both some comfort.

Rest in peace, handsome Groucho.

Awww, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Groucho was a fixture around here & a real help to any kitty who found himself in trouble. He will
    certainly be missed not only by his family who loved him dearly but by all his fans here at PT. Rest In Peace Groucho. You were such a good boy.
    (((Hugs))) to your human family.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, no!!! I am so sorry!!! I could not believe it when I saw this just now. My heart is breaking for you. Groucho was a favorite of mine and my cat gang too. He will be sadly missed. Prayers on the way for you.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry to hear of Groucho's passing.
    We will miss our kitty lawyer very much.

I made the mistake of opening this thread at work. After the initial shock the tears started to fall. Momcat and Soncat, I am sending you all the good wishes and condolences I can. Shocked and saddened doesn't even begin to describe what I feel. Just know that Groucho knew he was loved...by so, so, many of us.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Oh no, not our dearest Groucho.... !I am so in chock, so much tears in my eyes right now...
    My Inka will miss her hero Groucho, they won't be seen together anymore...
    This all feels so unreal...
    u
    OMG, something really special happened here, while I was writing a pm to Eileen, just 5 minutes ago...... : Suddenly I saw the most beautiful and colour full rainbow appear in the garden! I believe for sure that Groucho is sending his goodbye to his lovely Inka!! So amasing!! Thanks dearest Groucho!!

This is picture I took of that special event:

Take care dear Eileen

Lut

ps: it was only 5 minutes ago that this rainbow appeared, and now the sun and a beautiful blue is back again!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

How beautiful! Thank you, Lut. Surely that's Groucho's gift to Inka.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear that your handsome Groucho has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    He was such a special part of Pet Talk and he was loved by many and will be missed by many.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Oh, Eileen! I was so saddened when you told me about Groucho this morning. Tears were welling up and if my arms weren't full I would have given you a comforting hug. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Mike that your heartache will be manageable and that Groucho sends a special sign from RB that he is fine and it will be unmistakable to both of you. I understand that sometimes RB kitties do this to ease the grief of the humans they left behind that loved them so very much.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Dear PT friends,
    Mike and I can't begin to thank all of you for your thoughtful and beautiful messages of comfort for the loss of our dear Groucho. We miss him terribly and the house seems so empty without Groucho jumping up for our snuggle sessions or to beg for some of our dinner. I know that in time the sadness will ease and the tears will end but we will never forget the unconditional love and loyal companionship Groucho blessed us with for the 12 years he was with us. I have his collar and keep it in my pocket so he's always with me wherever I am.

Again, we can't thank you nearly enough for helping us through our sweet Groucho's move to the Rainbow Bridge. To us, he was and always will be a very special little guy.

Eileen and Mike
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE