Thread: NATURAL TAIL AND EARS

NATURAL TAIL AND EARS

I thought you would like to see a Mini Schnauzer with a natural tail and natural ears. They are beautiful, the problem is that the breeders dock the tail before they even put their puppies up for sale. This Schnauzer is from Finland.

I don't know why it's not coming up , I just entered it again and it still won't come up. You got me why!

[img] http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/D1/nw/Vp/j414340.jpg[/img]

[ October 07, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

I like what I see. It makes me wonder what the purpose is of docking tails and cutting ears.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

That natural Schnauzer is beautiful! It would be nice to see the trend catch on here in the US, but it might take a looonnngg time. My parents own a rescued Great Dane with cropped ears, and they are noticing that more and more Danes are appearing in dog shows now with the natural ears, although it's still not the norm. Dane ears--and Schnauzer ears--are just as gorgeous without all the nasty cutting and splinting, I think!

If only Eli had been born with a natural bobbed tail, then I wouldn't have to feel sorry about his being docked when he was a few days old...

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Kobieeli, I have been meaning to ask you about your dogs, they are beautiful. What is their breed? They look pretty big.
    I agree with you I wish they would all go back to the dogs natural state and forget the cropping and docking.
    Jackie

I love natural ears and tails! What a beautiful schnauzer. I wish people would stop being so cosmetic about everything. I think that it's wrong to make a dog's looks conform to your own personal perferences. Being the mommy of a Basset Hound, I am totally in love with long, big, natural ears and a big wagging tail!

Hi Jackie--

Thanks for asking about our furkids! Eli's an Australian Shepherd, and at 14 months old he weighs in at 60 pounds. He's got an adorable little nub of a docked tail, too.... Kobie is a two-year-old 43 pound shelter-adopted fireplug--we think a cross between Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler) and maybe Siberian Husky or similar northern breed. Her ears and tail are 100% natural.

They aren't awfully big dogs, but they can sure ACT big sometimes. They are very different in temperament, but they're both wonderful. We love 'em to pieces! We are continuing to collect photos of them and I'll share the pics here soon!

Your costumes and pics of Daisy and Perry are great! Those little bearded Schnauzer faces are drop-dead adorable...

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Kobieeli, they are beautiful dogs and I would really like to see some photos, I love your signature, but the photos are so small it's really hard to get a good look.
    Jackie

*Whimper* Jackie! the pic. isn't showing up for me.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.