Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Angel, you're NOT going to catch that little red squirrel, and I really don't enjoy helping you down out of the kids' playhouse.
    "But Daaaaaadddd, it wuz taunting me!"

Of all the family dogs, probably Sheba was the only one fast enough, and she was an efficient killer of anything she caught. Angel, you just are not Sheba!
    I've Been Frosted

Most dogs tongue's don't make much, if any, noise.

Angel's tongue makes a very loud fwoop when giving kisses. Hard to explain unless you met her, but you'd know instantly what I meant.
    Awww, Angel! I bet you give your people a lot of kisses with your fwoopy tongue! Especially to your dad after he helps you out of the play house
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    "But Daaaaaadddd, it wuz taunting me!"

Of all the family dogs, probably Sheba was the only one fast enough, and she was an efficient killer of anything she caught. Angel, you just are not Sheba!
    Well, Gracie (lab/dane mix, great dog but could never be accused of being overly intelligent) was certainly fast enough, she just wasn't smart enough to know what to do with it when she finally ran down a rabbit. Freckles (St. Bernard) was hearbroken that it didn't want to play anymore (after the squirrel took a 15 foot vertical flight, landed, stunned, came to and ran off)
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 10-30-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dear Angel and your humans, how was Halloween at your house? Have you seen any turkeys, cows or other "visitors" in your yard recently?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Big brave Wolfy had the crap scared out of him yesterday. With all the wind we have recently had, a lot of dead branches were blown out of the trees, along with the leaves getting ready to fall. We were walking around the yard yesterday, and Wolf was lollygagging along behind me. Next I know - he goes flying past me like the devil was after him. Well - to him it must have seemed like some strange monster was chasing him and going to eat him. This "monster" was a small branch with dead leaves on it, and he got it caught in his long fur and was dragging it along and it was making a rustling noise. Poor baby - it really scared him. I laughed the whole time as I pulled it free of his fur. Wimp!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Big brave Wolfy had the crap scared out of him yesterday. With all the wind we have recently had, a lot of dead branches were blown out of the trees, along with the leaves getting ready to fall. We were walking around the yard yesterday, and Wolf was lollygagging along behind me. Next I know - he goes flying past me like the devil was after him. Well - to him it must have seemed like some strange monster was chasing him and going to eat him. This "monster" was a small branch with dead leaves on it, and he got it caught in his long fur and was dragging it along and it was making a rustling noise. Poor baby - it really scared him. I laughed the whole time as I pulled it free of his fur. Wimp!!!
    Oh, the humiliation! Poor Wolfy!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Angel and your humans, how was Halloween at your house? Have you seen any turkeys, cows or other "visitors" in your yard recently?
    Halloween here was quiet, we're far too far out in the boonies to really get trick or treaters. The only odd visitor we've had lately is the aforementioned red squirrel.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh, the humiliation! Poor Wolfy!
    Never would have guessed that our afternoon walk would be so entertaining - for me anyway. Those dried crunchy leaves on the branch, dragging thru the dried crunchy leaves on the ground, made quite a scary noise in Wolfy's opinion - and not to mention that branch was running after him - and just as fast as he was running too. Would have made a great video - but of course the camera was in the house. He really would have been humiliated to the max if it was recorded for all the world to see.......................Tee-hee-hee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Halloween here was quiet, we're far too far out in the boonies to really get trick or treaters. The only odd visitor we've had lately is the aforementioned red squirrel.
    Do you get more deer sighting, as the leaves fall? Or not until later in the season? Just curious!
    I've Been Frosted

It all depends on the weather and the time of day more than the leaves. They are literal ghosts when they want to be. On cold nights and cold mornings they're moving around looking for food, and when the rut starts all bets are off.

Okay, was just curious!
    I've Been Frosted

So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled. You'd figure Angel would be completely tired from keeping tabs on the 10 or so kids and 6 adults who were at the house.

WRONG!

I got home yesterday morning and we weren't tired at all, we wanted MORE playtime after breakfast before going to bed.

So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled. You'd figure Angel would be completely tired from keeping tabs on the 10 or so kids and 6 adults who were at the house.

WRONG!

I got home yesterday morning and we weren't tired at all, we wanted MORE playtime after breakfast before going to bed.
    Hmm, maybe someone snuck her a marshmallow or two?
    I've Been Frosted

Hmm, maybe someone snuck her a marshmallow or two?
    No marshmallows went to the pup, as it was there were only 6 left in the bag when the kids were done. The situation was monitored closely. The LAST thing we need is Angel on a sugar high.

So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled.
    Awww, Angel! I bet that was as much fun for you as it was for the scouts!