Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    LOL!

Angel would like to know if there's a house she can hide in for this afternoon.......we DO NOT LIKE the noises coming from the safety valve on the pressure cooker.
    What does it sound like? I've never used a pressure cooker. My sister has one and she uses it a lot. Hugs and lovies, Angel !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    What does it sound like? I've never used a pressure cooker. My sister has one and she uses it a lot. Hugs and lovies, Angel !
    Imagine the whistle on a steam train ... then bring it up a couple octaves and hold it out 3 times as long! That's my best approximation ...
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

On Seeing Merciless Cruelty To Animals

I stumbled on these quotes today on seeing so many animal abuses undertaken everywhere. It really felt so sad. And it must be STOPPED!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	312896-51524-48.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	58600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24p09hw.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	58601

Jasper is dismayed today - it's the first day the kittens have been out running around the house, and he is tethered to prevent him from snitching their food. He REALLY wants to play and go steal kitten food, instead he has to lay on one of the living room chairs and watch them. Poor baby.

LOL!

Angel would like to know if there's a house she can hide in for this afternoon.......we DO NOT LIKE the noises coming from the safety valve on the pressure cooker.
    Angel puppy, is your dad still using the pressure cooker to prepare food from your garden? how are you? XO

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

We're hiding, or we were last night while the third batch was in the pressure cooker.

I paid for it today, wherever we went in the house or yard I had a puppy following me with a toy.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

We're hiding, or we were last night while the third batch was in the pressure cooker.

I paid for it today, wherever we went in the house or yard I had a puppy following me with a toy.
    Aww, but Daaaaad, toys iz way more important than that scary thing! Play! Play!
    I've Been Frosted

Axel (Angel's youngest human) Has discovered a new sport with the aid of Angel: Lawn Skiing.

Take Angel, a leash, and a bunny......Shoes are optional, highly recommended, but not required. Shorts with a padded bum are recommended. Football pads would help, too.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Axel (Angel's youngest human) Has discovered a new sport with the aid of Angel: Lawn Skiing.

Take Angel, a leash, and a bunny......Shoes are optional, highly recommended, but not required. Shorts with a padded bum are recommended. Football pads would help, too.
    Yowch - methinks that bunny will opt for a different patch of grass tomorrow!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yowch - methinks that bunny will opt for a different patch of grass tomorrow!
    No kidding! I've had the same thing happen to me, except it was uphill in the morning.

Oh my goodness, Angel! I think I'd like to enclose your young humans in thick layers of bubble wrap before the next round of lawn skiing! Seriously, though ... I bet you sure like to run when you are outdoors and you see something interesting (like a bunny).

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wolfy and the kitties are driving me nutz...............

They are all on bug patrol. Now that the weather is cooler, the flies especially are finding their way indoors. If Wolfman isn't slamming into walls after them, then the kitties are taking flying leaps in mid air after them,, or slamming into the windows and jumping at the windows from atop their cat treehouse. And of course, they think the ones that they see outside on the windows, are really inside. It sounds like a small war has erupted inside the house ----- slam/bang/crash/splat/ -----
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Wolfy and the kitties are driving me nutz...............

They are all on bug patrol. Now that the weather is cooler, the flies especially are finding their way indoors. If Wolfman isn't slamming into walls after them, then the kitties are taking flying leaps in mid air after them,, or slamming into the windows and jumping at the windows from atop their cat treehouse. And of course, they think the ones that they see outside on the windows, are really inside. It sounds like a small war has erupted inside the house ----- slam/bang/crash/splat/ -----
    You'd think the pain of slamming into things would somewhat discourage the lure of the hunt! Ha!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You'd think the pain of slamming into things would somewhat discourage the lure of the hunt! Ha!
    Doesn't faze any of them in the least. After a brief rest and time out for their supper, they are back at it again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I often wonder what (besides the wall, or other piece of structure) is going through their heads when they're on the hunt.