Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    While we're sitting here relaxing in a moment of calm, this is yet another difference between Angel and Lady.

We've never been completely certain as to how Angel would handle a crowd of people in her house. Now we know.

If there were 12 people in the house with Lady, the old girl would have been glued to me or hiding, trying to stay out of the way.
    Angel, on the other hand, was in her glory.

12 people? Then we have 12 people to spoil a pup instead of the usual 4!WOohoo!!!
    Angel pup, I am so glad you had 8 extra people to spoil you! Could you please have your humans give you some petting for me Social butterfly for sure!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Angel gets most of the attention she wants.

The extra hands just made it less needy for a few days.

I do wish that she'd quit checking out my new haircut. I got it cut back to regulation length, I got tired of dealing with high maintenance hair. Her whiskers now tickle like crazy while she's checking me out.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dear Angel, Patch and your humans ... Happy New Year!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

This was utterly silly.

Angel was being a total nudge tonight, she kept bugging me for some unknown reason.

After an hour or so of trying to figure out what was wrong in her puppy world, LOH figured it out:

We were all sitting in the wrong places in the living room. Angel's Human was crashed on the couch in the spot LOH normally sits in. She had crashed there earlier in the day becuase she wasn't feeling well. After dinner, I sat down in my usual spot, and the nudge came out in Angel full force.

LOH and Angel's Human switched spots, and all was well.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

This was utterly silly.

Angel was being a total nudge tonight, she kept bugging me for some unknown reason.

After an hour or so of trying to figure out what was wrong in her puppy world, LOH figured it out:

We were all sitting in the wrong places in the living room. Angel's Human was crashed on the couch in the spot LOH normally sits in. She had crashed there earlier in the day becuase she wasn't feeling well. After dinner, I sat down in my usual spot, and the nudge came out in Angel full force.

She certainly has you all well trained! I hope Angel's Human feels better soon, it's not fun being sick, I know.
    I've Been Frosted

This was utterly silly.

Wow, Angel! Each of your people has an assigned seat, and when they made a change, it didn't quite work for you. I think you have them very well trained! (Seriously, though- I wonder why Angel was uneasy with AH and LOH in different places?)

Besides having an OCD dog, I'm not sure.

She's better than a clock with certain things, and everything MUST be in the right place.

Speaking of which, Axel, someone needs her 730 PM out. It's hard to type with a dog on your shoulder.

As time goes on, I'm beginning to see HOW rough Angel's time was before she came home.

I was working on the house today (long story) and had to go out through the basement to take her out. She's never been through that way before. When I took her out, she was absolutely trembling in fear for some odd reason. She kept trembling until we went back in.

I often wonder what shelter dogs have been through, and what goes through their minds at times.

Aww, how sad! It's okay, Angel pup! No demons live in that basement!
    I've Been Frosted

Well this is silly.

As some of you might have noticed, here in the northeast corner of the US it's been a little on the chilly side and a little on the snowy side.

Angel's normal morning routine is AOH gets up at 5AM to take her for her morning out. For whatever reason, no alarm clocks went off, and the pup stayed on the couch curled up under two blankets all night. When we finally did get up, the boy went out to the couch and I told him to take her out for her morning piddle break. Angel looked at me with a face that said "seriously, dude? You want me to abandon a warm couch with a scritching boy to go out in THAT? Ain't happening.

For those of you who haven't met her, yes, my dog WOULD call me dude.

Awww, Angel pup! Can you go out quickly, and then hurry back inside? It snowed in Chicago overnight, just enough to provide a fresh coating - but now, 5:30ish AM, I can hear the rain (or maybe freezing rain?) falling on the metal roof vent. I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside in the cold. Maybe your young human will give you a few scritches when you come back inside, and you can get back on your blanket-nest. And I agree about the basement, no demons there. Your people will help you if you should ever need to go down there for some reason.

Every once in a while I see Angel carry two tennis balls in her mouth and wondered how she did it, now I know....

We pick up one tennis ball and carry it over to the other, we put the one we are carrying down next to the one already on the floor. We then procede to step on one so it doesn't move and pick up both at the same time by grabbing in the middle of two and pick them up.

( Yeah, she's just a dumb dog......)
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lady'sOtherHuman View Post
    Every once in a while I see Angel carry two tennis balls in her mouth and wondered how she did it, now I know....

We pick up one tennis ball and carry it over to the other, we put the one we are carrying down next to the one already on the floor. We then procede to step on one so it doesn't move and pick up both at the same time by grabbing in the middle of two and pick them up.

( Yeah, she's just a dumb dog......)
    We once had someone complain to us that we were promoting dog abuse when we featured a Dog of the Day, Farley*, with three tennis balls in his mouth at once, when you and I know that for most dogs, Angel, any Retrievers of any sort - the more tennis balls the better!

*http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2000/April/14.html
    I've Been Frosted

Last night something happened that hasn't happened since Lady went to the bridge:

I was poked in the ribs by a dog wanting attention.

Last night something happened that hasn't happened since Lady went to the bridge:

I was poked in the ribs by a dog wanting attention.
    Her usual methods must not have worked, so she consulted Lady angel, I bet!
    I've Been Frosted