Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awww, Angel - toys are not for bed time! And while you may get all excited an d energized at the sight of a tennis ball, that doesn't work for Dad, sorry!
    But, Dad. You have a routine. You and Angel play, and then you sleep. (She permits you to sleep after you have played with her ) Angel pup, you brought in your tennis ball when bringing your dad the rope toy didn't quite work the way you expected! *skritchies* *lovies*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm not sure which is worse:

The fact that Angel now gets in my lap at the table every morning after breakfast (one must observe the routine!)

or

The fact that I've gotten used to typing with a dog sitting in my lap.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

All progress, isn't it?
    I've Been Frosted

And the dog grenade went off again.....

Calmly sitting having a cup of coffee, and someone started going nuts in the window.

A female turkey had the temerity to come into the yard to snack on the dandelions.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Oh, the nerve! At least if it was a male doing his spring call, you'd have had fair warning!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow, Angel! A turkey in the yard - does that happen regularly? I've seen birds in the yard, and even a deer, but never a turkey! (I don't live in the country, though.)

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Wow, Angel! A turkey in the yard - does that happen regularly? I've seen birds in the yard, and even a deer, but never a turkey! (I don't live in the country, though.)
    It happens fairly regularly, the largest turkey invasion in the yard was last spring, we had turkeys spread over the lower acre from the road to the pond. This was odd, it was a lone hen out in the open.

Hi, Angel pup and hi, Patch! Angel, how is the window-watching today?

Speaking of energy, the package said the tie out-lead was good for a 100 lb dog.

Obviously the 100 lb rating didn't take into consideration a bullydog mix going full tilt across the yard after a bunny wabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Speaking of energy, the package said the tie out-lead was good for a 100 lb dog.

Obviously the 100 lb rating didn't take into consideration a bullydog mix going full tilt across the yard after a bunny wabbit.
    Time to write the company for a refund? Hope da bunny escaped anyway! (No offense, Angel pup.)
    I've Been Frosted

The bunny escaped, but Angel is currently curled up on the couch nursing ouchies from exceeding the break strength of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The bunny escaped, but Angel is currently curled up on the couch nursing ouchies from exceeding the break strength of the run.
    Awww, poor pup! Give her a nice rub from me!
    I've Been Frosted

<sigh>

Yep, Pitties are vicious animals.

We went out last night for ice cream, and took and Angel pup with us. She was being her usual boisterous self, but mainly wanted attention. She was being good, but loud. There was a group at the ice cream place, and a couple of people were making quiet comments about pit bulls, and steering the kids in the group away from Angel. The exception was one of the group who cam over, asked if she was friendly, and Angel jumped up to say "hello!!!!!!!". The guy proceeded to grab handfuls of ears and scritch in all the right places.

While that was going on, LoH was getting ice cream for the kids and I, and asked for a small bowl for Angel. She got a doggie bowl of ice cream. A small vanilla soft serve with a doggie cookie on top.

I am sure that bowl of ice cream with dog cookie was demolished - vicious, indeed! I hope the kids with that group got to see the guy getting lots of Angel wiggles and love!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am sure that bowl of ice cream with dog cookie was demolished - vicious, indeed! I hope the kids with that group got to see the guy getting lots of Angel wiggles and love!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It was ice cream with a cookie on top, a treat that needed to be eaten (hence the demolition) to avoid the risk of it melting. You go, Angel pup!