Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Random canine thoughts

Am I supposed to be able to pick up 50+ pounds of puppy by her toy?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Ayup! And swing!

Let me know if I should continue to save dead socks to add to the sock rope!
    I've Been Frosted

That's mine now.

Why do dogs who no longer fit in laps think they do, but the small one that would fit often want nothing to do with them? My former bosses' Sheltie never looked more panicked than when his mistress tried to convince him to be a lap dog, even though he fit just fine!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog of the Day is a greyhound. One of the first times I got to meet greyhounds was when my former co-worker's husband brought their dogs for a visit. They were going for a walk at the forest preserve, and he stopped on the way there so we could meet them in the parking lot on our break. They were adopted through a program for retired racing dogs. She had told us about the adoption process and the dogs' care needs- plenty of water, healthy food, regular doctor visits, and helping them learn their home skills- going in and out of a door, using stairs, playing with toys, getting loved and spoiled. This was on a beautiful autumn day and they were wearing their dog vests because it was quite cool out. I was nervous meeting them, but they were friendly and happy, not at all scary or mean. They reminded me a little of Tigger because they were "bouncy", just being their happy selves. Shortly after that, my co-worker brought some photos and showed us pictures of them on their dog beds, and taking a walk around their block. They were (and are) happy, funny, sweet characters. Thoroughly spoiled !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1261355.story

Story in the Chicago Tribune today about the high proportion of pit bulls in the shelter system.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

That story tells me I need to become a digital member to see it, sorry!
    I've Been Frosted

All but 4 of the dogs in the Broome County shelter were pitty mixes of some sort. Angel's playmate Frankie was a mop mix of some sort, and there were a couple of elderly beagles and an elderly lab mix.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Okay, someone has VERY short fur.

We like playing outside in the snow, but the snow is COLD. So, off to the pet store to get someone a doggy coat. Do you think she wants anything to do with it? You might think putting it on her was torture.

Oh, silly Angel! The coat will help!! I promise!
    I've Been Frosted

I think 3 people to trim puppy toenails is a bit much there, girl.

It's not torture, ya know!

Blog Entries
    She was actually trying to give you all a hint. She wanted to go to a doggy salon for a pedicure & have her nails painted special for Christmas.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

LMAO!

She actually painted her own toenails one fine morning. One of the kids left out a pink highlighter and she chewed it up, her nice white socks, toenails, and chin were pink!

Dear Angel

I appreciate the enthusiastic wake up calls.

However, I cannot get up to eat dinner with 50 pounds of puppy sitting on my chest, no matter how energetically she's wagging her tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I appreciate the enthusiastic wake up calls.

However, I cannot get up to eat dinner with 50 pounds of puppy sitting on my chest, no matter how energetically she's wagging her tail.
    Awww, Angel! I your enthusiasm and energy! Happy girl! Did you get lots of extra petting and hugs for Christmas? (Maybe some play time with your favorite toy, too?)