Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Awww, Angel! I your enthusiasm and energy! Happy girl! Did you get lots of extra petting and hugs for Christmas? (Maybe some play time with your favorite toy, too?)
    She got all teh attention she wanted. She got a new rope for an (early) Christmas present, and has proceeded to do her usual with it. Should I be impressed or worried that she's figured out how to untie the knots in the ropes?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I appreciate the enthusiastic wake up calls.

However, I cannot get up to eat dinner with 50 pounds of puppy sitting on my chest, no matter how energetically she's wagging her tail.
    Lady was trying to give you a hint she wants dinner in bed. She a smart girl.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    She got all teh attention she wanted. She got a new rope for an (early) Christmas present, and has proceeded to do her usual with it. Should I be impressed or worried that she's figured out how to untie the knots in the ropes?
    I would be worried. She just may tie you up next.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

A Corgi and his baby sister ... so much cuteness!
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/30/...icle-trend-now
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    A Corgi and his baby sister ... so much cuteness!
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/30/...icle-trend-now
    I wonder if he, like Lady girl did, has appointed himself diaper monitor! "Mom! Dad! It's stinky, come fix this!"
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, ya durned fool....

The kids were filling the woodbox with logs.......

and Angel was emptying it. STICKS!!!!! They're bringing me STICKS!!!!!!!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

My 132 pounds heavy Rhodesian Ridgeback and something mix likes to sit in my lap as well. I actually weight a bit less than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle87 View Post
    My 132 pounds heavy Rhodesian Ridgeback and something mix likes to sit in my lap as well. I actually weight a bit less than him.
    It's all well and good until the launch off your lap to get down.....

How to handle a rope with five knots in it? Work on cutting the rope so it becomes two ropes, one with two knots (one at each end) and one with three knots (one at each end and a knot in the middle).
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

How to get LH to stop using his laptop? Simple, look really cute and happy and climb up into his lap so he has to use two hands not only to scritch but to keep us from falling off. Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath, then sit down and enjoy some scritches and keep dad from getting up to go to bed, then lay down in his lap for a couple of seconds before jumping off to go sit on the back of the love seat in a sunny window.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lady'sOtherHuman View Post
    How to get LH to stop using his laptop? Simple, look really cute and happy and climb up into his lap so he has to use two hands not only to scritch but to keep us from falling off. Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath, then sit down and enjoy some scritches and keep dad from getting up to go to bed, then lay down in his lap for a couple of seconds before jumping off to go sit on the back of the love seat in a sunny window.
    Hee hee, that's a good girl, Angel - I am sure his ears needed a good washing, right? Just doing your job, and keeping Daddy from straining his eyes too much using the laptop!
    I've Been Frosted

The missing part of that post was that the goofball was perched in my lap at the kitchen table. I swear she knows she's just the right size for a lapdog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady'sOtherHuman View Post

"Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath" -- are you a pretzel, Angel? Or, maybe you are a yoga doggie! I'm trying to picture how you can stand in your dad's lap, whack him with your tail and wash his ears at the same time You are the perfect size for a lap dog, happy girl! Could you please have your people give you some petting for me, and some for Patch too, please. I smile when I read about all the silly, goofy and happy things you do!

p.s., how is the rope project going? Have you gotten it split into two pieces yet?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

The city of Chicago got it right, except for one alderman. I wish they would do this statewide...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3282237.story

That's a good bill, and hopefully it will change things and let some shelter and rescue pups get good home! I bet that guy doesn't know Golden Retriever Rescue groups exist that he course contact for Golden retrievers to have in his store ... they may not be tiny puppies, but even a 8-month-old Golden is as capable of melting hearts as an 8-week-old one!
    I've Been Frosted