Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Angel had a blast, and I was happy to see that the scouts are USING their lessons. Every one of them knew what to do when meeting a strange dog. The den leader's son was VERY unsure of her, though, as he has a pretty sedentary older lab at home, and Angel, well, sedentary isn't in her vocabulary.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Angel is having a bad morning.

It's currently 16 degrees outside, and we had to bear the indignity of our morning walk.

As we were recovering from our walk (and no, we still don't like our coat), one of the three blankets she had made into a nest fell on the floor, and no one picked it up to tuck us back in.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Angel is having a bad morning.

It's currently 16 degrees outside, and we had to bear the indignity of our morning walk.

As we were recovering from our walk (and no, we still don't like our coat), one of the three blankets she had made into a nest fell on the floor, and no one picked it up to tuck us back in.
    Oh, what a hard life!

Angel, honey, a coat is a GOOD thing! I promise! Would auntie lie to you?
    I've Been Frosted

You've heard of the band Three dog night?

According to Angel it's a three blanket afternoon. COLD and windy.
    You do have a short coat, Angel. Does your breed tend to be on the lean side? I know there are some breeds of dogs that have almost no fat on their body (like the greyhound), so they sometimes need an extra "layer" to keep warm. I bet it can take 3 blankets to help you warm up after a trip outside! I agree with your auntie, an overcoat might not be a bad idea on very cold days.

I'm glad you and the boy scouts had a great time together! You helped them practice their skill of meeting a new dog, and you got to have fun with all of them!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Today's Dog of the Day Meadow is a Podenco Ibicenco who was rescued from Spain and now lives in California. Last week we had a Dog of the Day named Baltasar, who was also rescued from Spain and lives in Canada - he is a Galgo Dog, though. Two dogs from Spain in the same month on Dog of the Day! Thank you, Karen and Paul for selecting these two dogs because I learned a lot from each one AND I got to enjoy their wonderful stories and pictures. I hope they will both have very long, happy, fun-filled lives!

p.s., when I put Podenco Ibicenco in the Google search box I also got results for Ibizan Hound. I think I've seen the Ibizan Hound in the Westminster dog show? But I could be wrong.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Funny - how something so very simple, can bring back a cherished - but not too often thought about - fond memory.

Yesterday I was at the kitchen counter, cubing bread for the turkey dressing. While I putter around the kitchen doing this or that, I make Wolfy stay out of the kitchen, since he has a way of getting underfoot and I don't need to trip over him. He was laying in the dining room with his head into the kitchen area, when I dropped a couple of bread cubes. In a flash he was there to clean them up for me, and then he went back to his lookout from the dining room. A little later and more fallen bread, and he's back again to clean up for me. He was in his glory!!!

Sweet little Sparky always did the very same thing, so of course when Wolfy did it, I got rather nostalgic. I sometimes think that he is Sparky reincarnated, since he does so many things just like Sparky did. Miss Myndi preferred her food handed to her, or at least presented in a bowl. She very seldom ate anything that had fallen by accident. Prissy missy she was...............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Funny - how something so very simple, can bring back a cherished - but not too often thought about - fond memory.

Yesterday I was at the kitchen counter, cubing bread for the turkey dressing. While I putter around the kitchen doing this or that, I make Wolfy stay out of the kitchen, since he has a way of getting underfoot and I don't need to trip over him. He was laying in the dining room with his head into the kitchen area, when I dropped a couple of bread cubes. In a flash he was there to clean them up for me, and then he went back to his lookout from the dining room. A little later and more fallen bread, and he's back again to clean up for me. He was in his glory!!!

Sweet little Sparky always did the very same thing, so of course when Wolfy did it, I got rather nostalgic. I sometimes think that he is Sparky reincarnated, since he does so many things just like Sparky did. Miss Myndi preferred her food handed to her, or at least presented in a bowl. She very seldom ate anything that had fallen by accident. Prissy missy she was...............
    He knew his "job!" Good boy, Wolfy!
    I've Been Frosted

Someone is looking down from the bridge whispering (psst....wolfy...here's how you do this...)

Someone is looking down from the bridge whispering (psst....wolfy...here's how you do this...)
    I have no doubt. As time passes, I see him doing more and more things exactly as Sparky did!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

a couple of Someone's

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    a couple of Someone's
    Yes - Miss Bossy would have to approve any and all communication, even tho Sparky has to make the contact.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I dot a told id by doze.

Ids okay, do, I dot by durse buppy ad by dissues.

nighty night.

I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.
    So glad Angel is on nurse duty, and you have tissues handy as well. Feel better soon!
    I've Been Frosted

I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.
    Me thinks you need a nose mitten.

Feel better soon.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.
    Angel, durse buppy - I would be happy to share my license with you! I dot a told too (and a toff and a headache). I don't have a durse buppy to help me, but thinking of you gives me a huge smile!