Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

Just what I need. LOL

As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

Just what I need. LOL

As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.
    Excellent! The more knots the better, as it turns out!
    I've Been Frosted

I saw this on Huffington Post. It's a series of photos of black dogs, who tend to not get adopted because of their color.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._ref=good-news
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Okay, Angel.

I get it.

You get jealous when Patch comes to bed with me in the morning (I work nights).

However, that doesn't mean you have to lie down on top of me to block Patch from being able to.

Patch weights 10 lbs.

You, however, dear pup, weigh considerably more than that. It's hard to breathe with 60 lbs of dog reclining on my chest. Besides, Patch still managed to find room to curl up on my shins. I was very, very warm, but it's hard to sleep when you can't breathe.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!
    The mental picture of Dad, Patch and Angel having a snuggle gives me a huge
    xoxoxoxo, Angel and Patch!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!

While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!
    Hee hee, holding still is for old dogs, Dad! We gotz things to do!
    I've Been Frosted

That's 50 pounds of love and wiggles, Dad! Angel pup, I am so glad you are a PT dog, because these stories about you make me smile!

Edited to ask: Angel Pup, did you have a Gotcha day- did I miss it? Belated happy Gotcha Day!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 04-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.

I love Angel stories! Lol silly pup!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Someone's Gotcha day was March 22, we all missed!

Aww, Happy Belated, Angel pup!
    I've Been Frosted

Speaking of belated, I think it's time to put the photography crew to work....

I should have known it was BAD idea.......

The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....

I should have known it was BAD idea.......

The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....
    Awww, Angel - toys are not for bed time! And while you may get all excited an d energized at the sight of a tennis ball, that doesn't work for Dad, sorry!
    I've Been Frosted