Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please keep Joseph in your thoughts

Welcome HOME, Joseph! I bet you'll be so glad to be back with Meowmie.

Here's hoping the vet ophthalmologist can fix your eyes (without breaking the bank)!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Once he knew that he was back home he was cuddly all night and slept curled up next to me most of the night. (But he is hiding now when I need to give him his meds )

But we have an appointment tomorrow morning with the vet ophthalmologist to se what he says, so maybe...

Have you tried pill pockets? Franklin gets meds twice a day and thanks to pill pockets he thinks he is just getting treats. They are a bit pricey but you can mush up cheaper soft treats and mix them in with the pill pockets to make them go farther. I just knead the treats and pockets together to make a ball of dough. Kind of has the consistency of playdoh. Then I pinch off what I need to cover the pill and voila!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I buy pill pockets in bulk because I have other cats who regularly take medicine But for some reason Joseph has figured out how to "eat around" the pocket. So when it comes to pills we have to do the old fashion pill shooter. But it is the ear (1) and eye (3) drops/ointments that I have problems with. I do use the "burrito role" but I don't want him to run away from me every time he sees me now