Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Always Loved Flowers.......Meet Rose

I've Always Loved Flowers.......Meet Rose

I've kind of surprised myself. I've got mixed emotions going on but I know I've done the right thing. I'm still grieving for my Dasher. I would have done anything to save him if I could have. But Thursday I started looking at labs on Petfinder. I looked at a lot. I really had another senior in mind as I know they don't get many chances. But I just kept going back to Rose. She needs to be on meds the rest of her life for a little urine leakage when she lies in one place for a long time. Foster told me when people learned that, they were no longer interested in her. Well they are missing out on one gem of a dog. She's about 2-3 years old and is the sweetest, most laid back dog. She was an angel on the 3 hour ride home. Foster thinks she was a farm dog. She was a stray and came to them starving and loaded with ticks. She's also possibly been abused. It took us forever to coax her in the bedroom and then hubby had to put her on the bed. I'll be glad when she gets settled. She hasn't eaten or drank anything since we got home late this afternoon. She's going to be a great dog. I've got to teach her all the basic commands and she doesn't know about treats or play. She's going to be spoiled and loved so much. I had never had a lab before and Dasher showed me what a great breed they are. I think he led me to just the right one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Val, I am so happy for you taking this sweet girl into your life. I'm sure she is going to adapt well and you are both going to be good friends. She is a cutie and looks like a happy girl
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

She is beautiful, Val. I'm so happy for you and Rose. She is going to help you heal for sure.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Awwww! Hello, Rose! You are going to learn all kinds of important skills... and you are going to learn about neat things like playing, having fun, eating a treat, being loved and spoiled Welcome home pretty girl!

Edited to add: There is this thing called a camera. Sometimes referred to as a "flashy box". It is not scary. Your mom will use it to take a picture of you, probably doing things like being beautiful and happy, showing how you are doing with your doggie skills, having fun, playing, and being loved. It makes a flash, but just for a second. Sometimes mom may take several flashes at a time, but it's okay. The flashy box makes humans' faces go like this ---
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awww, she's a beauty, and bless you for taking her on! I do think Duke and Dasher nudged her your way, she may not be a senior, but she sure needed a home that was willing to teach her all about what being a loved doggie is about!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to Pet Talk Rose!!! You're a pretty girl!

Val, Rose will help to heal your broken heart. My Layla has had that problem since she was five months old. She takes Diethystilb (known as DES)
    once a week and NO problems!

I hope you stick around and we see lots of pics of Rose.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

How wonderful that your Angels sent you Rose! She is a beauty and will surely flourish in your care.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Congrats!!! She's a beautiful girl...and is that a heart shape I see on her head?
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

She is beautiful~! The best tribute to a departed doggie is to open your home and heart to another one in need.

As for the leaking, I am somewhat of an expert on that. My cat, Molly, leaks. I have her on Proin, twice a day, and it greatly reduces it. My sister's shepherd is on it as well. The other thing that helps SO much is to buy these mattress protector covers. I buy the kind that are 100% water proof. You can pour a cup of water on it and the water is absorbed into the terry cloth lining, but not through the rubber'ish backing. I cut off the elastic part that goes around the side of the mattress.

It saves me from so much laundry. Nothing like cat pee through a comforter, blanket, top sheet, fitted sheet and onto the mattress to get you going.

Oh she is beautiful! She reminds me of a dog my brother had that everyone called my boyfriend (he was hit by a car), Digger.

Rose, you are one lucky girl. You've landed in possibly the best home in Iowa!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Your Rose is beautiful and so lucky that you chose her to be in your life. She reminds me of my Annie who was a stray and has turned out to be the best dog in the world. Show us more pics when she gets settled.

That is wonderful, Val! I'm happy to see that she will have a great home with you for the rest of her life. Dasher would be proud of you to offer your home to a rescue dog. Rose is a nice name, always makes me think of my Rosie.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Well hello Rose!! You are a cutie - wait till you find out about play! I hope you settle in quickly, it sounds like you deserve the love and fun coming your way!

Give your Mom a kiss from all your new PT friends for taking a chance on a pup who just needs some understanding!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Welcome home, Rose!! She's absolutely gorgeous!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Dasher sent you a rose !! - now that's pretty darn special in my book. A flower and a companion - all rolled into one! May you have MANY happy years together.

If she tends to leak when laying in one spot for too long, you might want to consider putting "panties" on her, especially at night. I did this for Myndi and it saved a lot of cleanup work. I also did the belly band for Sparky toward the end, since he had to take Lasix for his fluid buildup brought on by CHF. I bought them from a lady that custom makes each pair based on what the dog's measurements are and the fabric you choose. They were adorable, and the quality and price couldn't be beat. The ones that you buy in the stores are overpriced junk! Let me know if you might be interested and I'll send you her web site and you can look around.

Welcome to the PT Community, Rose. Be sure to have Mom send LOTS of pictures.

Here's a pic of Myndi modeling one hers. She hated them at first, but got used to them in no time.
    Also one of the boy belly band, should you ever have need for something for a boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	other 2013002.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	942.1 KB 
ID:	57102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belly band.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	57103  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~