Thread: I've Always Loved Flowers.......Meet Rose

Threaded View

I've Always Loved Flowers.......Meet Rose

I've kind of surprised myself. I've got mixed emotions going on but I know I've done the right thing. I'm still grieving for my Dasher. I would have done anything to save him if I could have. But Thursday I started looking at labs on Petfinder. I looked at a lot. I really had another senior in mind as I know they don't get many chances. But I just kept going back to Rose. She needs to be on meds the rest of her life for a little urine leakage when she lies in one place for a long time. Foster told me when people learned that, they were no longer interested in her. Well they are missing out on one gem of a dog. She's about 2-3 years old and is the sweetest, most laid back dog. She was an angel on the 3 hour ride home. Foster thinks she was a farm dog. She was a stray and came to them starving and loaded with ticks. She's also possibly been abused. It took us forever to coax her in the bedroom and then hubby had to put her on the bed. I'll be glad when she gets settled. She hasn't eaten or drank anything since we got home late this afternoon. She's going to be a great dog. I've got to teach her all the basic commands and she doesn't know about treats or play. She's going to be spoiled and loved so much. I had never had a lab before and Dasher showed me what a great breed they are. I think he led me to just the right one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06