Thread: Shadow - The Perfect Cat

Shadow - The Perfect Cat

Hi,

I want to show you my little cat Shadow and talk about him.
    Shadow is a two years old cat, adopted last year, he's a black cat with medium hair, very kind and calm and also a professional stalker (:P).

I was looking for a cat to adopt, when I saw him, I fell in love with him automatically, that's why I call him "The Perfect Cat", because he's indeed my perfect cat, he has everything I like on a cat: Big, black and medium hair, so, basically, my favourite size, color and hair, so he's perfect!

He was found abandoned by the person who had him up for adoption, he had diarrhea and was very skinny.

He got used to his new house at the first day, he loved us from the first minute and that makes him even more perfect!

And finally, here are some photos of him:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0849.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	57092

Name:	DSC_0379.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	57093

Name:	DSC_0271.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	845.9 KB 
ID:	57094

Aww, good to see you, Shadow! Christine, are black cats considered good luck in Portugal?
    I've Been Frosted

Awwww, hello, beautiful Shadow! I am sure lots of good luck is about to come my way because you have crossed my path You are gorgeous!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, what a beautiful, delightful boy you are, Shadow! Welcome to Pet Talk, to you and Christine!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You're gorgeous Shadow!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awww what a Great Black Cat you are Shadow , and My Tubster Panther, My Ebony Beau Two , and My Ebony Beau Angel, Ebony Tubbetee Angel and My Black Cat Angels from my youth all MEEOW Hello.
    Our Awesome Angels al love Portugal, especially the sardines.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a lovely lucky cat you are, Well done for giving a forever home. Purrs from Tilly and Scooby.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

Kare - Unfortunately they don't have much lovers around here, there is also the myth about them being bad luck...I can't stand that!
    Some black cats are adopted mostly at Halloween around here and they do really bad things with them, so, most people who care about their cats don't let anyone adopt black cats by that time of the year.
    Black cats are always the lasts to be adopted here and 99% of them are killed on shelters.

It's a sad reality all over the world, unfortunately, I, myself prefer black cats, they are perfect and I will probably always adopt black cats, Shadow is my little angel and he brings me love and happiness and all the luck of this world.

Thank you all very much, Shadow is feeling like a king now.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine_Black View Post
    Kare - Unfortunately they don't have much lovers around here, there is also the myth about them being bad luck...I can't stand that!
    Some black cats are adopted mostly at Halloween around here and they do really bad things with them, so, most people who care about their cats don't let anyone adopt black cats by that time of the year.
    Black cats are always the lasts to be adopted here and 99% of them are killed on shelters.

It's a sad reality all over the world, unfortunately, I, myself prefer black cats, they are perfect and I will probably always adopt black cats, Shadow is my little angel and he brings me love and happiness and all the luck of this world.
    Thank you all very much, Shadow is feeling like a king now.
    My sister-in-law only has black cats because they are less likely to be adopted, and it has become a sort of theme at her house - even the kitten that ran out from under a car in a huge hotel parking lot that she ended adopting was a solid black boy! Here is the story of her first black cat, Sofi:

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2000/December/06.html
    I've Been Frosted

Shadow is beautiful! His first picture reminds me a bit of my fluffy black kitty, Cole! How lucky he is to have you - you are his Perfect Human!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Shadow is gorgeous Christine, and I think black cats are stunning. My kitty Dorian Grey is a tiger-stripe grey tabby who chose me as is often the case, but IMHO black cats rock, with Dorry being the exception because he also rocks (and if he reads this I will be in BIG TROUBLE ) I don't get the black cats = bad luck myth, I believe that in the UK they are considered to bode good luck. Just the other day I took it upon myself to disambiguate someone who mentioned that black cats are evil, I sort of politely explained to them that I thought that we had left 13th Century Europe . Nothing quite like walking under a ladder then encouraging a black beauty kitty to cross one's path .

Black cats rule for me. My Ms. Shiela is short haired black cat . Shadow looks adorable.

I am from Portugal, for instance, and my mother would never let me bring a black cat home. She's superstitious about them.
    Your cat looks amazing though, and the pictures themselves are extremely well taken!

Shadow is gorgeous. I also love black cats. My black cat Pepper was such a wonderful boy unfortunately he passed away way too soon.

Shadow is gorgeous, and I am in awe of your ability to get nice picture of a black cat!!