Thread: Anyone here who knows Akif Pirincci's Felidae-books?

Anyone here who knows Akif Pirincci's Felidae-books?

He's a German of Turkish origin, but as his books have been translated into many languages, I guess they are also available in English.

The Felidae books are crime stories, but from a cat's view.

Anyway, the hero of this stories is the cat Francis. His curiosity made him a hobby-detective who has seen the dark sides of the human and the feline nature. Francis is cynical, and his observations of the human race are both entertaining - and embarrassing!

I'm currently reading the 5th book of the series, "Salve Roma!",. Book Nr. 6 has just been published, but is not available as a paperback yet, so I will wait...

Just in case you're interested, here are the first two books of the series:

Felidae

Felidae on the Road

Wow, the second one seems to be rare to find as an English translation, just look the price on amazon market place!

Kirsten

Thank you, Kirsten. Seems to me I heard of those books a long time ago but never had a chance to read any of them, and then I forgot about them.

Now that you've reminded me, I just ordered the first one from Amazon! (You weren't kidding about the prices for the second one in English on the Amazon Marketplace! If I like the first one, I hope the second is at the library, and maybe others in the series too..)

Thanks!

Pat

I'm currently re-reading the books (must be 6 or 7 books in total but I don't know if they have all been translated into English), and even though they are very graphic and describe a lot of cruelty done to animals, I enjoy them as I definitely share the cat Francis' misanthropic views. lol In that regard, I even enjoy the books more than ever!

Anyway, it is strange that every time I've read books written from a cat's view, I find it difficult to read stories told from a human perspective afterwards. Maybe I've been a feline in one of my former lives!

I'll definitely check if the library have any of them. Thanks, Kirsten!

Yeah! I've just ordered three of them from the library.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.