Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dearest Dasher

Val, for this dog, you made a difference. Remember that! Dasher, for this humom, you made a difference! With the wisdom of dogs, I think you already know this, Dasher.

I am sorry for your loss, Val. Thank you for loving him, to the end.

Oh Val my heart breaks for you . Sending massive hugs from across the big pond xxxx.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Oh, Valerie. I am so sorry to hear this. Dasher was a beauty, and you were so loving and much loved by him. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read about Dasher. I didn't even know he was sick! He was always a favorite, and he always seemed so healthy for his age. Rest in Peace, precious Dasher! You will be missed by all, especially your mommy.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry to read of Dashers passing. He was a gentle old soul for sure.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

I have been postponing posting on this thread because I just don't know what to say.
    I joined this forum after your beloved Duke was already gone and I remember you getting Dasher.
    If I recall correctly he was already 10 years old and had heartworm.
    He was one lucky dog to have found you. You helped him recover from the heartworm and gave him MANY more wonderful years.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Dasher
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you, everyone. It's really hard. I'm at peace because I knew it was the right thing to do but wish that made it hurt less. When it was time, I hugged him close and kept telling him how much I loved him and what a good doggy he was. Vet made experience so much easier. Still hurts like hell. Hubby works tonight so I'll come home to empty apartment. I can't imagine life without him.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I am so sorry about Dasher's passing. Words seem so little comfort when your world changes at times like this. In time, the
    happiness you both shared will outweigh the sadness. Wishing you a peaceful heart knowing how much you loved him and that love
    really never dies. Rest in peace sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dearest Val,

For some reason I thought to stop by PT tonight even though I have not visited in some time. My eyes immediately saw Dasher's name as a topic in Memorial and my heart sank. Oh I know the pain is so crushing, beyond words to try to describe. My heart hurts for you more than I could possibly express. I am just so very, very sorry. I hurt for you and I know it can only be a fraction of the pain you feel. He was your special angel and always will be. I know you gave him an incredible life, you gave him a chance most people never would. I still remember the separation anxiety issues you had at first. I certainly can't blame him for being afraid of losing the best human he had ever known. Please know my thoughts are with you. You had a precious and unique bond that will be a part of you forever. Much love to you, Val.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Val,

I don't stop by often but here I am to see that your precious Dasher is gone. I am so sorry, Val. It seems like all of us old timers are losing our sweeties. I remember when you lost Duke and adopted Dasher. How lucky he was that you found him. You gave him a great home and a great life! RIP Dasher!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

These past days have just about been unbearable. My heart feels dark and heavy. I keep begging Dasher to visit me like Duke did. I just want to know he's ok. Tuesday night when I was going to bed, for a split second, I thought about calling him. I always showed him the way to his bed in the dark. Then I remembered Yesterday, I couldn't wait to get off work and to my car so I could cry. I did better tonight but still cried all the way home. I miss him so much. I've ordered a clear dog bone locket that I'm going to put his hair in. Maybe that will help me to feel closer to him. I'll be glad when this pain goes away. I'd have done anything to save him.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Unhappy

Love & hugs, Val.

Dear Val,

I'm in tears for you. The pain only seems to get worse for a while. I know for a while sometimes I could call to Tommy even though I knew he wouldn't come anymore. My heart breaks for you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Dasher. Please take care. (((HUGS))

Oh Val I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Dasher He was so beyond lucky to have you and you really gave him a truly amazing life! Sending lots of love and hugs to you all during this time.