Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG protest coming up this Saturday

I called again to verify that I need a permit for the protest. The cop asked me if I was going to use a bullhorn or PA system and I said, "No, just my mouth." She laughed. She said as long as we don't block the entrance or exits, and don't hassle the people going in and out of the place and the cops aren't called, we should be okay. From what Janis told me, I have a feeling this jerk WILL call the cops. Let him!!! I'm 60 years old and never been arrested. BRING IT ON!!!!!! There's a first time for everything!!!

NOTE TO ATTORNEY GROUCHO:

I've got your number on speed dial, dude, just in case.

I'm getting pumped about this and have a great group of people coming including a dog named "Cookie". Also notified the media (Fox61, Channel 3 and the newspapers.

I'm now off to buy poster board for the signs.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That sounds good! Little does she know some of us don't need spare bullhorns, we come equipped with big voices in the first place! Be polite, loud if necessary, but armed with the good wishes for the kitty!
    I've Been Frosted

WOW, Donna! You're fantastic! You know just what you're doing and how to do it most effectively.

And in such a good cause, too. We're sending along all our prayers and good wishes.. And how 'bout that, those you're protesting are supposedly in the prayer business!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks, Pat!!

Yup, I got all my ducks in a row. Picked up the poster board for the protest signs.

Dehlers43

I called the numbers you gave me. The first number is a non-working number for United Technologies. The second number was for the rectory of St. Lawrence O'Toole Rectory. The number for the Archbishop is correct. I'll try it tomorrow and get an address where people can letters. Thanks for trying.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

That Mercardo is a rat , not the Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I hate it when websites don't update their info...sorry about the bad numbers, Donna....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

dehlers43, not a big deal.

I was able to get the address for Archbishop Henry Mansell, Hartford Archdiocese, 134 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105. His phone number is 860-541-6491.

Update on protest

The protest on Saturday went well. Had a good turnout. It began as a quiet, peaceful protest until someone tried to start an argument, saying we were trespassing. Next thing ya know, a bunch of penguins(nuns) came out and starting hassling us. One called the police. Cops (who were very nice) showed up and told the nuns we were doing nothing wrong, and that we had every right to be there, as long as we didn't block the entrances or exits, and didn't hassle anyone coming in our out of the building. The media was useless. No one showed up. I guess our cause isn't as important as as a water main break, or a building collapsing. Here are some pictures from the protest. A wonderful man who was the President of the Catholic Charities, came up to me and asked me what he could do to help. He is going to send around a memo about what happened between Janis, Father Mercado and the nuns. Since Blackie is now in a foster home, it's just a matter of letting Archbishop Mansell know what kind of man is teaching the world of the Lord and how he's treating God's creature. Blackie has been in the area his entire life. He's neutered, up to date on his shots and is FeLV positive. He never hurt anyone. All he ever wanted was to bask in the sun around the Convent. The nuns wanted him gone and complained to Father Mercado who was going to take him to the Humane Society and have him killed. Blackie He was cared for by neighbors and wanted nothing more than to live out his life in the only neighborhood he's ever known.

I wish I could post pictures, but unfortunately it won't allow me to.

You were right in what you did, but in certain parts of the country, the Catholic Church is very powerful. I know in many parts of the Northeast U.S., this is so. Where I live in in the suburbs of L.A., it is the LDS church that yields the most power. In L.A. proper, the Catholics and the Scientoligists hold the most influence. You did the right thing in protesting, but the Church probably warned the media to "stay away".
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!