Thread: Recipes - cakes

Recipes - cakes

Thought I'd try to make a Pecan pie - for the first time ever.

I had saved a recipe, but just watched this video and it looks delicious:
    http://www.finecooking.com/videos/ho...pecan-pie.aspx

This is the recipe I had saved earlier. Which of these would you make? Or do you have an even better one?

Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
    3 eggs
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup pecans
    1 pie crust (9 inch size), unbaked or frozen
    Turn this recipe into a puzzle!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, slightly beat eggs with a fork. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, almond liqueur and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean and center of pie appears barely set.

Cool on wire rack.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Here's another yummy cake for twelve

Tosca cake

120 butter
    250 sugar
    4 eggs
    250 g almond flour
    130 g wheat flour
    1 tsp. baking powder

Glazing to put on top
    75 g butter
    75 g sugar
    1 tbsp. honey
    75g flaked almonds

Mix flour, almond flour and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar thoroughly in a large separate bowl, put the eggs in a mix well, two at a time and then fold the flour mixture in.

Boil the ingredients for the glaze in a pan until melted completely. Set aside for a few minutes.

Grease a 26 cm baking tin (see link below) and pour the cake batter in. Pour the glaze on top and bake at 175 degrees for approx. 30-40 min ... until it bubbles up and a toothpick comes out clean.

This cake is delicious and you get 12 large pieces. Serve with Creme Fraice or ice cream You can freeze them.

I don’t know what these are called in English, so here’s a picture of the one I use:
    http://www.bagetid.dk/search?orderby...FWXKtAod2loAXA

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It's funny, I think of pies as a completely separate category than cakes! I like pecan pie before I became allergic to tree nuts, but usually it is so sweet, a tiny piece is plenty!
    I've Been Frosted

PTers, have you heard of canasta cake? I saw a recipe for it in the food section of the newspaper. It's two square layers of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting between them. Chocolate sprinkles on all four sides. Card-party hostesses would serve it when friends came over to play canasta. It sounds too rich to me with all that chocolate. I would try Randi's Tosca cake if I could locate almond flour. Maybe Whole Foods.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678