Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite songs, bands, music!!!!

yeah just a few there ahye Richard, i reckon the 70's and 80's had some of the best musicians ever, of course some would disagree, even the 60's before my time were pretty darn good too..I don't think they make'm like they used to, too many girl /boy bands these days.,however i do like some of the new stuff as well.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    yeah just a few there ahye Richard, i reckon the 70's and 80's had some of the best musicians ever, of course some would disagree, even the 60's before my time were pretty darn good too..I don't think they make'm like they used to, too many girl /boy bands these days.,however i do like some of the new stuff as well.
    I am a 'purist' when it come to music, too.

I don't like sampling - i think that taking a riff/piece of music that you didn't write, then add some synthesized bits, really isn't 'writing' music.

Most of the 'B and G' bands are vehicles for songwriters. A 'true' musician isn't that common anymore.
    Some of the singers/writers/performers you mentioned are dinosaurs now.

I have seen Neil Young in concert when he toured the "Trans" album, he did the first part of the show with the band dressed up like hillbillies, took a break, then came back out and played a synth/rock half that was thousands of miles away from what he started with. I saw the show leaning ob the stage, right at his feet.

A- freaking- mazing.

-----------

Oh my, Do you know who Garrison Keillor is?

He does a show about Woebegone Lake - a mythical place in the Midwest - on public radio here in the states. He tells stories mixed in with musical interludes. I got a chance to see him this summer at the amphitheater near my home.

He was brilliant. Back in the day, I would have laughed and told you it wasn't my cup of tea....
    I was totally stunned for the three hour show and loved every minute.

There are tons of videos on YouTube......If you get a chance check them out.

I think you'd enjoy them -most of the stuff is monologues he does - but the music is fun.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I so agree with you Richard,never heard of that fellow,but will take a look on u tube and check him out,cheers.
    Sadly I have only seen the eagles and America in live performances,I first saw America ironically when on my OE in the states in Provo Utah in 1976 ,then in NZ. In 2007. They still got it going on too.fleetwood mac are here soon in concert and Bruce Springsteen here next year,not a fan of his though,but don't mind him either,but just cost too many dollars for me.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I really love to listen to everything, but I usually don't like pop, rap and electro (I believe this is the name...).
    My favourite song really depends on the phase of my life, at this moment my favourite is probably The Death Of Me from Asking Alexandria.

My favourite band is Within Temptaiton, I'm crazy about this band, I love every single music from them.
    Band and singers I usually listen to: Janis Joplin, Queen, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Jack Off Jill, Nightwish, Epica, Bring Me The Horizon, Led Zeppelin, Blessthefall, Joan Jett, John Lennon, The Beatles, and more...

But I have a great love for country music (I mean, old country, today's country for me is not country)...which is kinda strange...I don't know...it makes me happy.

From time to time I end up liking some new musics, it's pretty rare though.

en'

Jack Off Jill - now that's a band I didn't expect to see. XD I haven't listened to much of their music, but I remember "My Cat" and "Strawberry Gashes." Only reason I know about them is because of Manson's autobiography.

EDIT: Excuse the title - my laptop mouse must have freaked out again and I didn't notice when I typed it.