Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite songs, bands, music!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    WE CAN NO LONGER BE FRIENDS
    Lol, Alyssa, you need to move to Tennessee since we have Nashville and all. But I just can't stand the twangy depressing love songs and all of that. Makes me wanna BLEH. It's okay though, I respect your music choices
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Lol, Alyssa, you need to move to Tennessee since we have Nashville and all. But I just can't stand the twangy depressing love songs and all of that. Makes me wanna BLEH. It's okay though, I respect your music choices
    LOL, Bri I am glad you realized I was kidding AHH I'd kill to go to Nashville. Or live there, I have many plans within the next year, the only thing I don't know is where I'm gonna end up! We'll see I love country because I connect with it so well, trust me it isn't all depressing! Just listen to Luke Bryan, trust me you'll fall fast LOL.

My taste in music has evolved very randomly.

Favorite radio station plays mix of classic rock, reggae and new stuff. I like a lot of 60's rock; 70's prog rock (Yes, Rush, etc.) Current bands that I like are Mumford and Sons, the Avett Brothers, Heart and Hand, fun. and Imagine Dragons.

My Pandora (TM) feed includes Grateful Dead and similar; Renaissance vocal music; Bach; 70's electronica (Tangerine Dream, Tomita, Synergy, etc.); a couple of folk stations, and a generous sprinkling of sea chanties.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    My taste in music has evolved very randomly.

Favorite radio station plays mix of classic rock, reggae and new stuff. I like a lot of 60's rock; 70's prog rock (Yes, Rush, etc.) Current bands that I like are Mumford and Sons, the Avett Brothers, Heart and Hand, fun. and Imagine Dragons.

My Pandora (TM) feed includes Grateful Dead and similar; Renaissance vocal music; Bach; 70's electronica (Tangerine Dream, Tomita, Synergy, etc.); a couple of folk stations, and a generous sprinkling of sea chanties.
    TOMITA! I hadn't heard his name in years!!!!

I too am a 70's/prog rock fan and can't tell you how much I spent on going to concerts back in el lay.

I just saw that Roger Waters seems to have some problems with a tour he is doing in Europe, too bad people don't see just who he is. The Wall is probably the darkest and most poignant album I have heard - I saw the original tour in 80 and that is one of the top 5 concerts I ever saw......

-----------------

And while I don't listen to too much of the newer bands/singers/performers, this song I do like.

This is another song that is played at the ball park as the players take the field for the National Anthem...

My radio station is WTMD - the Towson University NPR station. Great station - plays everything good and it's the only way I hear new bands.

Music - I'm a Deadhead who still follows Furthur; my husband and I are floating around plans to go to San Fran for their New Years shows. Need I say more?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I just heard most of this work on WFMT (the classical music station in Chicago). I missed the very beginning. "Adventures in a Perambulator" by American composer John Alden Carpenter. I've never heard it before, and at first I thought it might be movie music. I'd like to hear it again!

"Blackberry Winter" - by Conni Ellisor, performed by the Nashville Orchestra. Dulcimer and strings. I love this piece!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am a self confessed Mumford & Sons addict . Have seen them twice live in Melbourne with my bestie. Both times were beyond amazing. I check their tour dates daily hoping that more will be added, no such luck yet.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I listen to a bunch of different bands. Mostly rock and metal, but there are some electronic-y stuff in there, and occasionally I'll sit back and listen to some classical music. I don't really have any preferences for classical, as it's not music I'm interested in, but I'll sit back and listen to on occasion. A sample of bands and such that I've starred on my Spotify are:
    Nachtmahr
    Centhron
    Twisted Sister
    Van Halen
    Dog Fashion Disco
    Deathstars
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack
    Parts of the Labyrinth soundtrack
    The Rolling Stones
    Noisuf-X
    Murderdolls
    Marilyn Manson
    Wednesday 13
    Garbage
    Psyclon Nine
    and many many many more. lol

The mean kitty song.

Well, these days, I don't listen to music as much as a used to when I was younger. Actually, I'm only listening to music when I'm driving - or housecleaning!

The songs of Alex Band (singer of The Calling) have been my favourite music over the last three years, and I'm enjoying Amy McDonald's last album a lot! I also like the Scottish band Runrig. In the 80s and early 90s, I was a huge fan of Depeche Mode and Simple Minds.

I am a child of the 80's and love the music from then. I also things like Evanescence & Lacuna Coil. Really love musicals on a whole my favorite being Rocky Horror Picture Show. Also love rock like Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Kiss etc but I am a metal chick at heart....through and through. My all time favorite is SLAYER!!! Adore them to the point of having a pretty large tribute tattoo on my back between my shoulder blades and also recently met Kerry King (guitar god hehehehe) and had his autograph my back on the right side near the tribute tatt which I then had tattooed. I am on to get to Tom Araya (bass & lead vocals) to autograph the left side near the tribute tatt and have that inked as well. Fingers crossed I can cross his path on the next European Tour when they are here in Italy.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    I am a child of the 80's and love the music from then. I also things like Evanescence & Lacuna Coil. Really love musicals on a whole my favorite being Rocky Horror Picture Show. Also love rock like Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Kiss etc but I am a metal chick at heart....through and through. My all time favorite is SLAYER!!! Adore them to the point of having a pretty large tribute tattoo on my back between my shoulder blades and also recently met Kerry King (guitar god hehehehe) and had his autograph my back on the right side near the tribute tatt which I then had tattooed. I am on to get to Tom Araya (bass & lead vocals) to autograph the left side near the tribute tatt and have that inked as well. Fingers crossed I can cross his path on the next European Tour when they are here in Italy.
    Kerry King breeds some killer carpet pythons. I've seen some that people bought from him, and they are GORGEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaLover11 View Post
    Kerry King breeds some killer carpet pythons. I've seen some that people bought from him, and they are GORGEOUS.

I know. Kerry is very good at what he does and has bred some real beauties. My brother knows Kerry actually. He first met him at a reptile show in Houston. Brother is quite a snake 'expert'. He spent more than an hour talking with Kerry about the snakes he had brought and snake husbandry in general. My brother said he had a few with him that were exceptional. He was so excited about some of the morphs and colubrids. My brother is such a reptile nerd. LMAO Kerry breeds dogs too, akitas actually. My brother adores akitas and when Kerry told him that my brother nearly peed his pants. LOL We had an akita a few years back and my brother fell in love with the breed as did I. Kerry is THE MAN. Guitar god, snake god, akita god and he tells it like he sees it. There are no back doors with him...either you love him or hate him...I adore him. I think he is hot as hell too. Never thought that until I met him in person though. hehehehe

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

deep purple.
    eagles.
    america.
    carole king.
    earth wind and fire.
    doobies.
    chicago.
    boz scaggs.
    jj cale.
    joe cocker.
    neil young.
    barry white.
    katchafire NZ BAND. reggae type music.
    stevie wonder.
    bob marley.
    elton john.
    good charlotte.
    guns and roses.
    van halen.
    bon jovi.
    Aerosmith.
    Journey.
    Foreigner.
    steve miller band.
    fleetwood mac.
    steely dan.
    Metallica.
    The bee gees.
    Santana.
    Dire Straits.
    Michael Jackson.
    ZZ top.
    Bog Seagar.
    Red hot chilli peppers.
    Air Supply, great oz band i was on the plane with years ago when i went to sydney and touring NZ now.
    The black Seeds, NZ BAND.
    Crowded House NZ BAND.
    Dane Rumble, NZ singer.
    Goldenhorse NZ BAND.
    BiC Runga NZ singer.
    Goodnight Nurse NZ BAND.
    Hello Sailor NZ BAND,back in my day.
    Dragon NZ BAND ,also back in my young days.
    Rod Stewart
    Michael buble
    Maroon 5
    Stevie ray vaughan.
    Supertramp OM gosh i used to listen to SCHOOL full blast, as loud as you could get it lol.
    katy Perry.

just to name a few, many more that i cannot think of right now., a lot of new bands i like but don't always know the names of them.
    Last edited by carole; 09-05-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    deep purple.
    eagles.
    america.
    carole king.
    earth wind and fire.
    doobies.
    chicago.
    boz scaggs.
    jj cale.
    joe cocker.
    neil young.
    barry white.
    katchafire NZ BAND. reggae type music.
    stevie wonder.
    bob marley.
    elton john.
    good charlotte.
    guns and roses.
    van halen.
    bon jovi.
    Aerosmith.
    Journey.
    Foreigner.
    steve miller band.
    fleetwood mac.
    steely dan.
    Metallica.
    The bee gees.
    Santana.
    Dire Straits.
    Michael Jackson.
    ZZ top.
    Bog Seagar.
    Red hot chilli peppers.
    Air Supply, great oz band i was on the plane with years ago when i went to sydney and touring NZ now.
    The black Seeds, NZ BAND.
    Crowded House NZ BAND.
    Dane Rumble, NZ singer.
    Goldenhorse NZ BAND.
    BiC Runga NZ singer.
    Goodnight Nurse NZ BAND.
    Hello Sailor NZ BAND,back in my day.
    Dragon NZ BAND ,also back in my young days.
    Rod Stewart
    Michael buble
    Maroon 5
    Stevie ray vaughan.
    Supertramp OM gosh i used to listen to SCHOOL full blast, as loud as you could get it lol.
    katy Perry.

just to name a few, many more that i cannot think of right now., a lot of new bands i like but don't always know the names of them.

LOL,

My play list is 78s to CDs.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.