Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite songs, bands, music!!!!

Favourite songs, bands, music!!!!

I am slightly music obsessed, I have to constantly have music of some sort playing at all times lol.

What are everyone's favourites? Feel free to add YouTube links .

Two of my favs at the moment. Both songs mean a lot to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAJfG0DMjY
    Edward Sharpe & the magnetic Zeros - Remember to remember

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4q4rfDcNw
    Matt Corby - Resoloution
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Can't say that I have any current ones - I'm stuck in the past...........

The Moody Blues
    Abba
    Peter, Paul & Mary
    Dan Fogelberg
    Glen Campbell
    Linda Rondstat (her recent Parkinson's diagnosis is just heartbreaking - no more singing)
    Elton John

Yes - I'm OLD!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I like old/ older stuff as well . Nothing wrong with that at all.

James Taylor, Carole King, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, just to name a few lol.

My bestie and I are going to see Imagine Dragons on the 16th of October. Cannot wait.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Hokay,
    I was at a baseball game and they play a small bit of a player's theme song as they come up to bat.

When I heard this song the first few times, I couldn't figure out what was going on and finally, I looked it up based on the two words that I thought that I heard.

I still don't know what it means other than "El Mudo" means "the deaf one".

I usually don't listen to this style of music, but it makes me laugh whenenver I hear it.

Enjoy or hate it....It's up to you!

Lol I only got 1.30 into it and had to stop it. How very bizarre. But very clever you were able to find it just by searching two words lol.

I kinda haven't updated my music library in a few years.
    Here are a few that I have the tendency to play on repeat.

Brand New - "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot"
    Really, this entire album is one of my favorites. Its been played on repeat more than any other album I own. I associate it with a very important time in my life.

Against Me! - Thrash Unreal

The Gaslight Anthem - "Bring It On"
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

In the car and at home I listen mostly to an oldies station (60s-70s-80s) and classic rock. At work we listen to an "eighties till now" station- they play a little of everything, which I enjoy. I do like Mumford and Sons. LOVE fun.! They were both in Chicago this summer - Mumford and Sons at Lolla and fun. at Taste of Chicago. Maroon 5. I love Adele's music, too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Where to begin?

My list is all country -old and new-

Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, George Strait, Glen Campbell, John Denver, Dolly Parton, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Kip More, Chris Young, Zac Brown Band, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Lee Brice, Billy Currington, Colt Ford, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Hunter Hayes, Brooks and Dunn, Gloriana, etc.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch!

Mostly all country -

I like one band I guess you could describe as Hippie Music -

Cloud Cult

A few assorted ones:
    Simple Plan and Boys Like Girls to name a few.

Luke Bryan will most likely always be my favorite:

Right now his album "Dirt Road Diaries" just came out - but my favorite song by him I'd say was "Buzzkill". I love Gloriana's "can't shake you", and I'm on a 90's Brookes and Dunn kick at the moment!

My iPod contains an eclectic mix - as does my brain! Everything from classical to gospel, blues to rock, pop, and everything in-between - current and so old it was recorded before I was alive!
    I've Been Frosted

My mom raised me on oldies so I like oldies plus newer stuff. I'll listen to almost anything. I despise country with a really strong passion, though you can occasionally get me to listen to Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, stuff like that.

I have everything from the Beatles to Glee to classical to rap to hard rock to pop on my iPod, so yep, basically everything!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

My taste in music has been termed "eclectic", going from "Summer of Love" psychedelic oldies to prog rock to disco to New Wave to rap. So faves include: Donovan, Cream, Eric Burdon, Bee Gees, Moody Blues, Earth, Wind and Fire, Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, English Beat, New Order, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, Cure, Stranglers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Doors, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Dr. Dre and everyone he "discovered/mentored" and that's the short list.

And can't leave out Steppenwolf and Steely Dan!!! Somebody stop me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    My mom raised me on oldies so I like oldies plus newer stuff. I'll listen to almost anything. I despise country with a really strong passion, though you can occasionally get me to listen to Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, stuff like that.

I have everything from the Beatles to Glee to classical to rap to hard rock to pop on my iPod, so yep, basically everything!
    WE CAN NO LONGER BE FRIENDS

Now, now - she admitted she does make some exceptions ... so surely you can sway her opinion!
    I've Been Frosted

Country music lover here. I do like the oldies too.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla