Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Freddie Peace *Happy update*

HugZ and purrayers, Snakemama, for you and Freddie.

I'm not a doctor or an expert on health, but I've had my fair share of troubles with my health and my kitties health. So I have some opinion and perspectives to share.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Bad news from the vet, three pieces of it...

1) Freddie has a grade 2 heart murmur.
    IMHO, this seems to be the diagnosis of the day. Two of my cats have one. I have one, although some docs don't seem to sure about this. I don't see how a doctor can hear Spunky's heart with the way he purrs the entire vet visit.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama
    2) Freddie has such bad gingivitis that my vet is concerned that he may have stomatitis. His mouth is NASTY.
    I'm sure that good food and distilled water will precent any further problems.

3) The vet does suspect a third underlying problem because his bladder was FULL of VERY dilute urine.
    It never hurts to check out the situation just to be sure.

We pulled blood and urine, and the results should be back no later than Tuesday(Darn holiday weekend!!). I'll keep everyone here up to date.
    Please do. I'll be thinking of you.

I have to say that I'm crushed. I am not the type to shy away from vet bills, but it's looking like it'll be over $1,000 just to get him healthy, and then if he DOES have stomatitis or renal failure, we could be dealing with it for the rest of his life. I'm really afraid of what the bloodwork is going to show. I've been crying off and on since I got home, though Freddie doesn't seem worried: he's got a plate of wet food that he is plowing through quite happily. Part of me says...he's only been here a few days, these problems existed before I got him, send him back....but the other part of me loves him already and knows that his odds of getting adopted again with all of these health issues are slim.

The current plan is to wait on the bloodwork...if the bloodwork is good we'll do a chest X-ray to make certain that he's healthy enough to be anesthetized even with the heart murmur. If he is, we take care of the teeth and go from there.
    Praying for the best. I don't know what I would do if one of mine got seriously ill at this point.

Now I'm crying again because he won't come near me anymore and I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to go out for ice cream now.
    He will learn to trust you again. Praying he gets that chance.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

You and he will be in our prayers. Seeing as you just got him, would the rescue help pay for his bills?
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for Freddie and for you, Snakemama.

I lit a candle too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=19242334

And another: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=19242354
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for a result everyone, especially Freddie, can live with. The bond will return and his health will improve now that he's being properly monitored. Yes, keep us posted. I know just how you feel - Pinot was very health challenged in her first week with us (she's a shelter kitty). {{{Hugs}}}
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I got an email back from his foster mama, and it looks like they will cover the teeth, and most likely anything the bloodwork shows as well. What a relief! I'm falling in love HARD, and I don't want anything to happen to my boy.

He is adorable and I know how hard it is to take pics of a dark kitty. Altho Autumn is a tortie, she is a very dark one and lots of her pics don't come out very good.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I got an email back from his foster mama, and it looks like they will cover the teeth, and most likely anything the bloodwork shows as well. What a relief! I'm falling in love HARD, and I don't want anything to happen to my boy.
    Oh, how wonderful! God bless!

I'm so glad.. You and Freddie love and need each other too much to be parted!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

How wonderful that the dental will be covered! I truly wish the best for Freddie and for you. If he DOES have kidney problems, the "Chronic" kind can be managed, often through diet.

Praying for a positive update.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry Freddie has some health problems but it's good that you took him to be checked out. He will trust you again; give him some time. All of this caring and care is new to him. I'll check back next week to see the test results. Meanwhile, you're both in my prayers.

Congrats!!! I hope that his blood work results turn out well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I may go crazy waiting until Tuesday for test results!

Ooh ooh ooh!! I actually got pictures I like!

You can see his FACE! And what a handsome face it is!! I'll try to get some shots with natural light on Monday, but for now I am delighted with this one.

Apparently I did not need to worry too much about the dog intro. I opened the door to Freddie's little domain a crack so that they could get a peek at each other and Freddie came right over to touch noses with Jasper. I watched them closely all evening, and as you can see there was no tension. Freddie did hiss twice, both times when Jasper was sniffing him in a rather obtrusive manner, and both times Jasper backed off immediately.

my boys!

Aww, good news and a nice picture! Glad harmony is reigning!
    I've Been Frosted

Freddie Price is one handsome dude!!!

How nice!

Sending along our prayers for good results.

Death thought about it.