Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Freddie Peace *Happy update*

As difficult as all this is, you are doing what's best for Freddie. I am so sorry things worked out this way.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm glad the foster Mom is making space and provisions for Freddie, it just seemed she was too overwhelmed to do so. Snakemama, you know what's best in this situation and you should know your decision will be supported in this community. My prayers join the others for you and Freddie.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm so sorry about Freddie. It sounds like he'll be in good hands for his remaining time.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Love to you and Freddie both, Snakemama.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks everyone. There will come a time in my life where I seek out special needs kitties for adoption. Our primary reason for looking for a cat right NOW is Kyubey's separation anxiety.

Freddie is too tired to play, and he seems interested in Kyubey but gets exhausted when Kyubey tries to play with him. I'm also worried about what Kyubey would feel if he had time to bond with another kitty only to have that kitty pass away. He is used to having foster kitties come and go, but none of them have stayed long enough for him to really bond with, and he's spending so much time pacing the hallways and meowing, he clearly misses having a 'full-time' friend.

Awww, we know there will be a kitty for Kyubey out there somewhere who can match him play for play!
    I've Been Frosted

Best wishes to Freddie, and the perfect full-time friend for Kyubey is just around the corner.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Snakemama, I am so sorry to hear about Freddie. Life blows sometimes, and you just have to roll with it. He came to you, maybe, to get a proper diagnosis. You did right by him. No wrong decisions.

Like I posted on FB, I support your decision 100%. For those of you who don't know, Freddie's foster mom is also the same foster mom of my Colby, Radar, Reece, Rory, Levi, Bentley, and Summer. She's a wonderful foster mom but she does work full time and I'm sure that she also becomes overwhelmed from time to time. I know that Freddie will have the best care possible in his remaining days. Now hopefully you'll be able to find Kyubey a wonderful playmate. Maybe a younger cat would suit him well. Good luck.

Freddie's mama is coming for him tomorrow night, and she is bringing one of her other fosters - a little girl house-panther, just under a year old. I'm cautiously excited to meet her! (I wish I had asked what her name was so I could find her on their website!! I've been digging through pictures for half an hour and I can't figure out who she could be!)

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Freddie's mama is coming for him tomorrow night, and she is bringing one of her other fosters - a little girl house-panther, just under a year old. I'm cautiously excited to meet her! (I wish I had asked what her name was so I could find her on their website!! I've been digging through pictures for half an hour and I can't figure out who she could be!)
    This is wonderful news! I hope that she'll fit in well with your other pets. Good luck.

Wow, I hope she will fit in! And I hope that Freddie will be stable with his kidney disease for a very long time. I'll check for an update!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Looking forward to meeting the new arrival!

And remember - Freddie may have a long time left to live yet. He has whatever extra and more comfy time because of YOU. You were able to see some things that weren't right, and get the vet to check it. You have prolonged his life. You done good.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I'm just checking back for an update. Did the little girl house-panther visit? How did it go? Could you please give Kyubey a gentle pet or two for me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The little girlie did in deed visit, and she never left. I think whoever said that Freddie was meant to come to me to get his diagnosis was correct. He was a wonderful cat, and I love him dearly and I do miss him, but Katie fits in here like she was always a part of the family.

I've never had what I'd call a "heart cat" relationship before, but I think I do now...

She'll have her own thread when I can get some focused pictures. This girl has ANTS IN HER PANTS and never _ever_ stops moving. Or talking.

Also, Freddie is happy to be home and settling in well, according to his mama. She's been talking with both my vet and hers about treatment options.